Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A New idea for an old tool...

I apologize for being absent the last couple of days. DH came home from his trip so I have been spending some quality time with him and then I am also working on a couple of magazine projects which are keeping me tied to the computer...but not in a fun way!

I have been a little lax with my creative prompts and that is ending now. Here is a photo from an easter egg from the April 2006 BH&G (I love this mag for the inspiration it provides). I bet most of you have a flower punch somewhere in the back of your stash that looks just like that flower. Isn't this a cute twist for it. Just stamp or doodle the center and you have a really cute little embellishment. So your creative prompt today is to reinvent the flower punch!

Here are a couple of more of my HOF layouts. The first is my personal statement layout and it is simply about how much I love to share my love for creating with others and showing them that anyone can do it. That photo is of some of the gals from the maintenance group spouses here showing off their new handmade journals.

This second layout is another one of my free layouts. I had actually created this layout from the creative prompt with my drying laundry color scheme. This is a photo of my grandparents when they were very young. I really love this photo!!!

5 comments:

Heather M. said...

FIrst, I LOVE the new creative prompt - what a fantastic idea! Yep, I have a flower punch sitting in a drawer collecting dust! I now have an idea for my art journal entry today! YAY!!!!!!
And LOVE your layouts! I love the swirls - did you draw them?! They are just GORGEOUS!

Missy said...

oooohhh more awesome layouts. Wowzers those are just amazing. I LOVE todays creative prompt. Now I am a girl who uses flowers on almost all layouts. Last year when I got rid of punch after punch after punch I only kept my circles and my flowers!!! I love them, always have, and always will.

Katie Nelson said...

I also love your creative prompt idea! Your HOF layouts are gorgeous! :)

Mary Jo said...

I do have one of those flower punches! :)

Rita said...

Awesome HOF layouts Christi! I love all of them that you've shared, but these two are really amazing! And great creative prompt -- one of these days I'll get organized enough to actually DO your creative prompts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails