Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Missed this last night...

altered ambitions

I tried to blog all of this last night, but blogger was not cooperating and I was too tired to keep trying. So here is my journal page from yesterday. Since yesterday was catch-up day for my journal, I didn't have a list per se except for playing in my scrap room so it was mainly just a fun journal entry for playing with my art and Rhonna's awesome quotes. Notice my new paisley stamp...it's part of a new set from Sunday International (yummy!!!)

I also did one of the layouts from BH's Sketches that were yesterday's creative prompt. Sorry for the photo of this...9x9 is an impossible size to scan esp when you are trying to stitch a double layout together. This is the start of a new 9x9 album I am doing with our pictures from the Louvre. It's a really simple page, but in that format, I think that is best. The journaling says, "The Louvre is famous for its magnificent works of art, but what you don't hear about is that the entire building is a work of art...even the DOORS!!! (notice another new paisley stamp in the corner of the journaling block) Those of you that know me, know that I adore doors and our time in Europe definitely fed that love.

Today is super-busy for me! Tomorrow night is a charity auction that I am co-chair on hosting/catering so I have lots of little errands to run today. I hope to get my art journal done early this morning so hopefully I will be posting again soon.

I have to stay off that veggie board too. I don't post there...just lurk, but they are saying that they think HOF calls are going out tomorrow. AAACCCKKK! I am not ready for it to all be over. I know that I am not going to get a phone call (my style is certainly not cutting-edge), but it's been nice to be able to fantasize about it and I am not sure that I am ready to give up that fantasy yet. But the good news is, that once the actual announcement has been made, then I will be able to share my layouts with you and several were done using the creative prompts so I really want to share those. Pam, DH and I both agree...your bath set one was the best of the bunch! :)

Have a great day!
smiles,
Christi

4 comments:

Rita said...

Another beautiful journal entry and I love those pages from your Louvre album! I went to the Louvre when I was 17 -- don't think I appreciated it as much as I would now and didn't get to spend nearly enough time there!
As far as CK HOF -- they would be LUCKY to have you! Don't think about it -- just remember how extremely talented you are! Hugs --

Sharon said...

I love your journal. I love the color and LO design.
You are and inspiration!
Be Blessed

Heather M. said...

Christi, your work is stunning! I love the journal entry and that layout! I totally love how you did a scallop edge on the patterend paper! So, so pretty!

Randell said...

Love the stamp!!! Your layout is fabulous! You r one busy gal!

Related Posts with Thumbnails