Monday, March 06, 2006

Catch-up from the Weekend!

Just a bit of catch-up here!

First item is my creative prompt layout. How do you think that I did? I am pretty pleased with it. Definitely not my normal style, but so much fun! I have a book Portrait of a Lady that I had bought to use in my paperarts and that is where all the newsprint on this layout came from. I thought it was appropriate.

This is my niece, Emily. The photo was taken over the summer early one morning while we were out camping. She is wearing her dad's flannel shirt and her hair is a mess, but she was so beautiful anyway (not that I am biased or anything!)

So were you able to use the creative prompt? If so, SHARE a link with us. I really want to see what everyone is doing with this one.

Secondly here is my art journal page from Saturday. I decided that it was the weekend and I didn't have anything too pressing that required a list that day...so my journaling reads: "I spend a lot of time juggling my Different Hats, but it's the weekend so time to relax and anything done is a bonus!"

Rhonna is a little late putting up her quotes so today will be a catch-up day for my journal. I did keep a list yesterday so I am just waiting for my quote to create my page! :)

Several of you have asked if certain items in my journal have been stamps...pretty much all my decoration, except my doodling, is stamping. I love stamps!!! The stamps on this particular entry are CTMH (the girls) and Stamped In Ink (the swoosh).

For today's creative prompt, all the magazines are talking about using old craft items to create new art. A lot of them have been focusing on deco scissors. So for today's prompt, pull out your deco scissors and use them on a project today!
smiles,
christi

13 comments:

sharma said...

WoW...you have been BUSY!!! Great work - all of it - keep it up! And I LOVE stamps too...

Rita said...

Christi, I already RAVED about this LO of Emily at the Cottage, but I have to tell you again it really is amazing! And I am really enjoying each and every entry in your art journal -- it's so wonderful. I need to start doing some of your creative prompts. They've been great! Keep nagging me so I do it!!! LOL

corinne5 said...

love all that you made! looks wonderful! have fun today!
corinne5xxx

Sherri said...

It is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

Adrienne said...

Great work!!!!

Missy said...

Fantastic work Christi....ooohh I just love all those flowers - that is so my style. Your niece is sure a beauty.

Lene S said...

Love the layout!! And your journal page! :o)

Kari said...

Really cool journal layout. Love those girl stamps. The flower layout is amazing!! Wonderful work..love it!

Rhonna said...

So great, Christi!
Love this page...wow, wow, wow!
you are just so inspiring!
R

Anonymous said...

Stunning LO Christi and just love your journal page.

Jo x

Stamped In Ink said...

Gorgeous LO Christi!!

Heather M. said...

Beautiful work!!!! I love the layout with all the flowers! And GORGEOUS art journal entry! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Love the journal page and those stamps :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails