Saturday, March 06, 2010

It's Limelight Papercrafts Project Day!!!

Good Saturday Morning!
Today is the Limelight Papercrafts Project day and today our focus is on handmade flowers!

For my project, I created something that I have been wanting to make for a while...a little altered notebook. I have started reading LOTS of different series books and it is hard to keep track of when the next book in the series is coming out. This little book is to carry in my purse with the lists of all those books in it so I can keep straight what I need to look for when I go to the bookstore.


For my handmade flowers, I made these gorgeous little pom flowers from book paper. Dawn McVey has a great tutorial on how to create them that you can see HERE.


For my card and altered notebook, I used Unity's newest Stamp Store Kit, Adventures in Happiness. Limelight is supposed to receive this kit in early next week and you can preorder it on their site, HERE.


Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Adventures in Happiness
*Fiskars border punch
*Marvy Uchida circle punch
*watercolor pencils
*old book

Be sure to check out what the other Limelight Chicks have created for this fun challenge....

And simply because she likes me to take her photo when I am photographing my projects. You all haven't seen her in a while and neither has her daddy who ARRIVES HERE THIS MORNING! I cannot wait for them to get to know each other again!




15 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

cute notebook and your daughter is an adorable sweetie!

de said...

Love the card! Your daughter is SOOO cute! Congrats on the hubby coming home too! BIG DAY!

Mandy said...

Hooray! The day is HERE!!! You enjoy that ENTIRE FAMILY today!

Great project, Christi! That sentiment is perfect here because those pompom flowers are SO happy!!

StampinCathy said...

How exciting the your DH is coming home today! Have a great day!
Your project is awesome and just love the colors you used. Love the flowers too and your DD is such a cutie pie.

Amy said...

I can't wait to see Kat! I hope she remembers me!! I love the notebook and card!! Enjoy your time with your family and give Ben a big welcome home hug and a thank you from me too...!

Katie Cotton said...

how fun is this and OMG your daughter is precious!

JenMarie said...

FABulous!
And what a cutie pie!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute... love these flowers and your projects are so amazing!

lisa a.

Maggie said...

Love the pom flowers...and your daughter is adorable....hooray for your hubs coming home!

Kerry said...

I love those little pom pom flowers...cute project! What a great photo of your adorable daughter too! Enjoy your time with your hubby!

Lisa H. said...

LOVE your project-those flowers are fabulous and so is your notebook! love all the polka dots!!! enjoy the day! I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Rene said...

Hi Christi, love your card, the spots are great!!! Your daughter is beautiful, have a wonderful day,
Rene from OZ xo

Jenn said...

Beautiful picture of your baby and hooray for your hubby being home!

Stampin_melissa said...

What a sweet daughter, and such beautiful eyes! Thank you for sharing her with us. Thinking of you today as your hubby returns home. Hugs!

Bonita Rose said...

Beautiful project and what a gorgeous little girl.. so happy you are all together! hugs xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails