Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday's are for Challenges!

It's Friday and it's time for our Friday Fun Challenge!

This month Kimme is hosting our challenges and this is what she came up with for this week...

March 19: This is American Chocolate Week March 15-21 and today is National Chocolate Caramel Day. You can use chocolate colors or images or anything else that makes you think of this wonderful confection.

When I saw this Tuesday Trigger from Moxie Fab, the chair reminded me of Chocolate Caramel so I decided to combine the two challenges....

And here is my card inspired by all this Caramel Chocolate goodness....


I used this month's Unity Kit of the Month, Rockin' It Unity Style. I also used my brand spanking new Nestability, Labels 13 and embossed the outside layer with a bit of latticework embossing to emulate the look of the weave on the chair.

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Rockin' It Unity Style
*Autumn Leaves Heather Bailey paper
*Nestabilities Labels 13 die cut
*Martha Stewart border punch
*CTMH Sweet Leaf and Red velvet inkpads
*Palette Burnt Umber inkpad
*Zig Chocolate writer
*Cuttlebug embossing folder
*button
*twine

Friday Fun Challenge #74
Be sure to check out the other Friday Fun Girls blogs for more inspiration with this yummy chocolate themed challenge. We would love for you to play with us- just use keyword FFC74 when uploading to your SCS gallery.

And be sure to go check out the Unity blog
for the entire list of Friends with Flair participants!!!

26 comments:

Sara Henton said...

I thought the same thing when I saw the Tuesday Trigger...I just couldn't figure out a way to make them mesh. You did a awesome job at it though!!

Stephanie Zito said...

Stunning and beautiful Christi! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sherry Campbell said...

This is so pretty, Christi!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super awesome card!!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

great cards,, I love the colours!

JenMarie said...

This is FABulous!

Eva said...

Christi, this is gorgeous....what a great take on the photo!! Hugs and have a great weekend!!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Fabulous card, Christi! :)

Angie Blom said...

WOW.. Christi this is just perfect.. you did an amazing job capturing that photo inspiration.. Rocked it out of the park!!! Fabulous!! Xx

Unknown said...

Great card from the inspiration Christi! I just received my new set, so gotta play this weekend! Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Very pretty!

Jenny said...

very nice!! Have a FAB Friday and enjoy your weekend xx

Bonita Rose said...

U nailed this challenge.. love it!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

So beautiful love the colors!!!

Unknown said...

its amazing, great work.

Amy said...

I love this Christi! It's so pretty and so you!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Everything about it! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

dawnmercedes said...

I like how you punched out patterened paper..now to find me some caramel and chocolate!

Laura Davis said...

Stunning work!
Laura

Kimme said...

Great job! I love the flowers. I just got my kit yesterday and can't wait to use it.

Carolyn King said...

ohhh beautiful christi....that dp totally reminds me of the pillow!

Linda Beeson said...

I love that label shaper you used, I just might need to buy another Nestabilities! Great card.

JazzyH said...

Very pretty!

Andrea said...

nice job! great style!

CarlaKH said...

beautiful card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Christi! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails