Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sharing some Heart in Hands...

I absolutely have the best neighbors!! I love you guys and love it when you drop by for coffee!!! :)

I have a really fun project to share with you guys today.


This is my second re-mix assignment this month for Heart In Hands Scraps. This is a remix of Roree's Pocket Purse class. This class rocks and at only $6, you simply cannot beat the price. I love that about HHS...so affordable, but great classes with super-thorough instructions and pictures.

One of the things that I have had issues with ever since Kat came into my life was the whole diaper bag vs. purse dilemna. My diaper bag is huge so most times I carry it, but it stays in the car so I need a purse to carry my essentials...money, id, keys, lipstick. The problem with that is trying to carry the baby, a purse, and diaper bag just to get to and from the car can be a bit much. This is my perfect solution! It is big enough to hold an id, money, and lipstick so it is perfect to use when you run into the store.

By making it a wristlet, it is hand's free so I am free to hold the baby, BUT it is still small enough that I can just throw it into the diaper bag when I need to carry it.



I added an additional D-ring too so that I can just hook my keys and toys on it when I need to...


Supplies used:
*flap pockets (off my maternity pants which I plan NEVER to use again...LOL!)
*MM ribbons
*felt flower
*Lil Davis belt kit
*buttons


And speaking of Heart in Hands Scraps, Tammy is doing some really fun stuff over there. This month she is sponsoring a really fun contest over at Caardvarks...you have until the end of the month to play so go check it out! And I just discovered that HHS has a blog. Tammy has been uploading all of the Creative Team re-mixes as well as the class samples. There is some fantastic inspiration there!!!

smiles,
christi

13 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Christi what a great idea. So useful and pretty.
Alison

Unity Stamp Company said...

I love this, Christi! NOW WHY IN THE WORLD did I just GIVE AWAY all my jeans that I thought would NEVER FIT AGAIN?!!!!! I could have cut them up and made cute little handbags. I would have felt better cutting them up! Great Idea!

Amy said...

Holy Cow Christi!! I really need one of these...so so cute...did it require sewing? Sewing straight lines is about the best I can do..LOL...

dianna said...

Too cute*!*

You know what's going to happen now because you cut up those pants, right?
;)

Cami said...

This rocks Christi! Great take on the project!

Anonymous said...

totally love it Christi, I want one!!!

Alison Bryant said...

I love the colors and texture on this one. Way to go!

Rita said...

This is ENTIRELY too cute! Love the colors you decided to work with -- awesome!

Wendy said...

THAT is totally GENIUS!!!

Carolyn said...

Super cute!! Love the colors on here too, but the ribbon is a favorite, and also a good project to use some leftover items on. cute cute

Kim Mraz said...

I
Love
It!!

Gloria Stengel said...

This is super cute! You did a gret job with the remix!

Theresa said...

Cute, cute, cute. What else is there to say!?

Related Posts with Thumbnails