Sunday, January 06, 2008

I am waiting for something to dry...

...so I thought I would come post on here while I wait. hmmm, I actually should probably go fold the clothes on the bed so that DH can go to bed sometime tonight...

I have overachieved today! Yay...I got a layout and a card and a half done (the half would be the thing that I am waiting to dry) and it is only 8:15...I may still do more (but probably not.)

Here is today's layout. This is done from a sketch done by Valeri Salmon of the Got Sketch blog. She created this as a challenge for this month over at CMK. I used the CMK November kit for this layout as well as a couple of stamps and the buttons. This is the photo of the kids that I took on Thanksgiving day and sent out in our Christmas cards. Jacob looks so old in this photo...I cannot believe how much his look has changed and matured in just the last 6 months.


The theme over at CSD for today's card was to do a card for a friend...my favorite kind. This was just a fun quickie using one of my favorite stamps that I just haven't played with enough.


Today's gratitude: a nice glass of wine on a quiet, relaxing evening.
...now I have to go get those clothes folded!
smiles,
Christi

11 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What a lovely layout of Jacob and Kat. It is amazing how quickly they grow.What a lovely card.
Alison

Amy said...

Love the Layout and the card, I know what you mean, I feel like Britain has grown up so much just since school started this past year.

Dave said...

So, is that what your trees looked like at Thanksgiving? (sigh) I want to live there!

Roxie Morrow said...

I love your blog...and your layouts are amazing. You use great colors and are very creative.
Now about those clothes...did you get them all folded up? I had the same issue, but decided to stay posting to blogs and let Hubby fold then go to bed. heehee
I just found your blog tonight and wanted to stop by and say hello...
Happy New Year!

Tutti Chic said...

What a gorgeous card & gorgeous kids! I ahve a "KAT" also! Woderful colors! I ahve the same thing going on tonight with MY clothes on the bed!LOL! :) chris

Theresa said...

great LO, love the tree colours in that photo. And a fab card too.
I'm back in blogland, looking forward to seeing what I have missed. A belated Happy New Year, I'll be thinking of you over the next few weeks and months - you know where I am if you want to say your piece about AF life!!

Molly said...

Oh, I just love your layout, Christi! And congrats on the DT gig with Unity Stamps! :D

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful picture of the kiddos. Jacob is growing as well as Kat!

Nancy said...

love the photos and layouts of Jacob and Kat, you sure are rocking out some very nice layouts.

AJ said...

Fabulous layout!! LOVE it!!

dianna said...

Love those warm colors and sweet faces on your lo! {wow! I just used some scrapbookin' jargon didn't I?} ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails