Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunny Sunday....

It's still early, but it looks awfully pretty out there today, but we are forecast to get some pretty high winds. I hope that the weatherman is wrong!

Today's the day that we are celebrating Jacob's birthday as a family since tomorrow (which is really his birthday) is packed full of school and activities. So I was up really early making a cake which is now stuck in the pans. So today, we will have two cakes which we will eat out of the layer tins. :P He said that he is okay with that! I am glad that he's flexible! I think that their guys night out last night went really well. Ben, Jacob, and a couple of friends went and played lazer tag, hit the arcade, had pizza, and then went to a hockey game. They came home about 10:00 and woke me up on the couch. I missed about 35 laps of the 70 in the Bud Shootout!?! But they had a good time.

Yesterday was CHA in Spirit day over at 2 Peas and I played along with a couple of the challenges. This first layout was a layout based on a sketch by Janelle Richmond from the Sketch This blog. I just had to scrapbook those fun photos of Kat that I shared with you all on Friday. (You can click on these photos to see them larger and read the journaling.)

Life from Under the Ruffle

A wide variety of products used here: *Unity Stamp Company Worn Polkadot Alpha, *Doodlebug stickers, *EK Success embellishment, *Kim Hughes flower stamps, *PaperTrey Ink Little One stamp, *BG Two Scoops paper, *MM Anthology papers, *Prima flower, *The Crafter's Workshop lettering template.



This second layout was a scraplift with a twist challenge. The twist is that you were supposed to scrapbook something that was everyday, not an event. One of my favorite scrapbookers is Christine Middlecamp so I checked out her layouts and chose to scraplift her Meet Ella layout (http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1136052).


I used the February Work In Progress kit...I just added the Doodlebug alpha stickers, pink cardstock strip, and the MM buttons.
I hope that you have a fun Sunday planned today!
BTW, the Unity Stamp Company website is up and running. It's not fully functional yet, but you can see all the stamp images...hmmm, my wish list is getting rather long! You can go check it out here... http://www.unitystampco.com/
smiles,
Christi

7 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Those layouts are just so lovely.
How wonderful for Jacob to have a fun boys night with his Dad and friends for his birthday.
Alison

Carolyn said...

I missed the bud shoot out...then I fell asleep at the last ten minutes of charlie & the chocolate factory movie.. sometimes I think we just need sleep.

It sounds like dh & ds had a fun night out, and if that cake was here, it sounds like it would be made the same way. LOL That's why I call for one. LOL

Love the layouts, perfect colors!

Amy said...

love the layouts Christi! Glad the boys had a fun night and hope you enjoyed your birthday celebration!
could I get your snail mail address?

Rita said...

Hope you all enjoyed your cake -- and boys night out sounds like it was tons of fun!

Love these layouts of Kat -- she is just so adorable Christi! You are having fun with those Doodlebug letters lately...I haven't broken down and gotten any yet. But you sure make me want some! :)

Theresa said...

That's why we have 2 cakes!! The "official" one comes from a store. I make a "just for us" cake - last year we called it a volcano cake cos it sank in the middle!!

Absolutely FAB layouts, love them, I love looking at cute girl LOs!!

And the boys night out sounded good.

dianna said...

Love the peepers on that girl and your layouts too*!*

Unity's stuff looks great :)

Kathy said...

Oh Christi, she is absolutely beautiful! Your layouts are great. Sorry to hear that you had to reprimand her but loved the post about you wearing your hair differently and Kat not liking it. Hope that you are all doing well and tell Jacob "Happy Birthday"
My youngest voted for the first time today. He is now 18. Where does the time go?
Kathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails