Friday, February 29, 2008

Did you remember? It's Shake Friday...

So did everyone remember...it's shake Friday!! So who out there is participating with us on this? How can shake Friday be a bad thing, right? For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about, go check out last Friday's blog post.

Did you all realize that Melissa Frances has a blog now? I just adore this company...such feminine and romantic products. Unfortunately, they are rather hard to find so I don't have much of their stuff, but I hope to change that in the near future. But anyway, back to their blog...they put up a journaling challenge yesterday and I decided that I simply had to play (you guys know me and challenges!)

Like I said, my supply of M. Frances stuff is rather slim...basically, I have one of their Christmas lines and a sticker sheet based on love. Sitting on my table, I also had some extra photos that I had printed out when I did this layout of Ben and that is how this layout was born.

Yes, that base paper is part of the Christmas line, but you would never guess it on this layout.


Supplies used:
-Melissa Frances stickers and polkadot paper
-7gypsies script paper
-flower punch (EKSuccess)
-Autumn Leaves buttons
-Making Memories journaling papers.
ETA... those gorgeous stamps (how could I forget those? thank, Rita!) The stamps are by Technique Tuesday.
The journaling says, "17 years together, 15 years married, 2 kids, 9 homes, 6 bases, 4 states, 1 foreign country- We've been through so much together, but one thing remains the same- your face makes me smile. I love you more than ever..."
smiles,
Christi (now go out and get you a shake too!)

7 comments:

Rita said...

Darn it -- I forgot about Shake Fridays! (surprising!) I would have totally participated had I remembered! LOL

This layout is SO gorgeous -- your journaling so heartfelt. I love it! Are the letters in Ben's name stamped? I didn't notice if you listed stamps in your supply list.

Amanda Oates said...

I didnt have a shake but I did have a latte at starbucks, does that count? lol I hope you guys are doing good.I dont know if you heard but a local lady bought the nook and it should reopen by April in the Eutaw Shopping center.

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh Christi, too late for me it is now 5.47pm Saturday night. No shake for me.
Love that Layout with Ben and such gorgeous sentiments.
Alison

Theresa said...

would never guess that was Christmas paper - just perfect for that wonderful LO. We don't really do shakes, but perhaps I can implement "Smoothie Friday" instead (at home, of course) mmmm...
Hope everything is going okay for you guys and Ben is okay too.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Beautiful layout Christi!!! Left you something on my blog!!!
Lynda

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi check my blog I have given you an award
Alison

Carolyn said...

How about shake Saturday? McDonalds has their shamrock shakes out, so yesterday on the way to Mom's store, I had to get one. Now I will be making special trips to the Mcd's drive thru for shamrock shakes.

Ok,love the journaling on the layout, and actually can relate this with my Don. Maybe it happens with age, and the length of togetherness but just looking at his (don) face, makes me happy.

Oh and I wrote about MF blog during CHA too. Good one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails