Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!!!

awww, thanks guys for all the sweet words and support. It means a LOT to me!! (((group hug)))

The good news is that I heard from Ben this morning. He isn't there yet, but he is getting closer. He is in Qatar and thinks that he will make it into Iraq tomorrow. After 2 days of airports and airplanes, he is exhausted so I know that he just wants to get there at this point. It was awesome to start my day hearing his voice...a wonderful Valentines surprise.

I got a layout done yesterday from some of the photos that we took the day that he left. When Kat wakes up, I will hang this on her wall (at least until her daddy gets back.) We are trying to put photos of him all around the house because she is petrified of strangers and I don't want her to get that way about him.


This layout was inspired by Creative Prompt #30. The papers here are Collage Press and the embellishments are Making Memories, Prima, and just some random buttons.



My weekend was pretty eventful, but so was the craft world. The Craft & Hobby Association (CHA) show was this past weekend and was officially, Unity Stamp Company's first debut. It sounds like they were a huge hit which is so exciting. Angela is amazing, the images are beautiful, and the system is ground-breaking. Over at Craft Critique, Unity was chosen as one of their day 1 picks of the day and there is a video on the site which shows the booth and how the stamp system works...go check it out!
smiles,
Christi

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful layout, the flowers and buttons really make this page pop!

Alison Gibbs said...

Christi. Love the layout of Kat & Ben. How do you attach your buttons?
Alison

Nancy said...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU AND THE FAMILY.

Picture This said...

Happy Valentines Day Christi

Carolyn said...

happy to hear about the phone call, and I am going to tell you right now, I believe Daddy's Girl is going to be one of my favorite layouts from you, I truly love this one. Oh I know there will be more, but at this very moment it is this one.

Hugs to you & the family on this hearts day!

Amy said...

hey you...love the layout and will have to head over to check out the video...so glad Ben has made his trip safely...

Colors of Me said...

gorgeous layout christi! just popping in to say happy valentine's day - i'm so glad to hear that your dh was able to call today

Jayne said...

Happy belated Valentines day....
Something I've been meaning to say is that the one thing I really like about how you share your lo's is that the way they are photographed. It really showes the dimension in the layout! Good job in showing us them.

Theresa said...

Oh what an absolutely wonderful LO, totally does the photo justice.
I need to get off this computer and go and work on some "Christi" inspiration!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails