Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A New Heart In Hands Scraps Class Remix...

Hi, all!!! Today I have one of my re-mixes from Heart In Hands Scraps to share. This is a class that was created by Tracy Gossard and wow, I really LOVE the concept behind this project!!! This is just a composition book (you know, those black/white pebbled notebooks from school) and a cheap $1 photo album from the Dollar Store altered to create a new album. How cool is that? And the best thing...the class is only $3 so the entire project just costs $5 and you can totally use your stash from home. I think that this would make a GREAT gift for someone.


Originally when I started this process, I was planning to make this album for Kat so that I could fill it with photos of everyone from home so that maybe they won't be so much strangers when we go to visit in March. But you know me, I got to starting on it and just kept adding embellishments and ribbons and now it is one great big choking hazard. LOL! Plus I really love it and think that I would have a conniption fit the first time that she stuck it in her mouth. So now she gets to look at it from a distance (across the coffee table) while I point out who the people are inside of it. I know, I am an awful mom! LOL!

Supplies used:
patterned paper- Fancy Pants
family die cuts- Daisy D's
flowers- Prima and Making Memories
epoxy stickers- Making Memories
ribbons- Making Memories, May Arts, and Hobby Lobby
smiles,
Christi

12 comments:

Rita said...

Christi, this is so beautiful!!! (choking hazard and all! LOL) What a great photo on the front too. It would make a great gift!

Amy said...

I love this Christi!! how does the photo album fit into it..? I'm going to go get this class...

Alison Bryant said...

Love the colors and patterns together!
Can't wait to see y'all next month.

Alison Bryant said...

PS: I had to go buy that class... for my creative writing I use one of those composition books, but haven't known really how to personalize it. I think this will be easy to tailor to what I want. I'm excited!

Alison Gibbs said...

Christi what a great looking book.
Alison

Christi said...

Hey, girls! Thanks for the positive feedback! Amy, the pages from the album are actually taken out and reattached into the composition notebook. It's an interesting (and easy) technique that Tammy has come up with. That's the great thing about the HHS classes...they are very easy, do-able, and so inexpensive!!! smiles...

Kathy said...

Christi, that book is gorgeous. What are you putting in it? Love the make n take w/Pink Paislee. I so want to do one of those. Where do you think you can get the hanger thingy?
I hope that the CMK kit (my first one) has Pink Paislee in it this month. I can't wait.
Wow Kat and Jacob are growing up so much. Andrew voted in the Maryland Election this past week. Talk about feeling old.
Kathy

Amy said...

ok I went at bought the class, and now I can tell I will be totally addicted to these classes...thanks you big enabler...did I mention I LOVE this..LOL

Lisa said...

Love the book, thanks for posting the class site, I am taking a class at My Creative Classroom. I am going to check out Heart in Hands site.

Theresa said...

Christi, this is so gorgeous, I guess I'll live all the girly stuff through you!!!

Susan Westberg said...

Christi - thanks for the comment on my blog. This composition book is gorgeous! I absolutely love the colors together. The pom poms give it such dimension - love it!

Nancy said...

Just Beautiful. I'm loving your layouts more and more. Love the papers

Related Posts with Thumbnails