Sunday, February 03, 2008

Sunday Sputterings...

I am so sorry for my absense. Wow! I have no idea what happened there...all I know is that I seem to spend much more time chasing Kat these days then on the computer. LOL! She is definitely keeping me hopping!

As a result though, I am desperately behind. I have been so blessed to have been tagged by 3 wonderful bloggers (and I apologize for being so lax in acknowledging it.) First, Lindystamper tagged me here with the You Make My Day award. Then Amy and Carolyn both tagged me with the Excellent Blogger Award. Thank you so much girls! I am very lucky to have such wonderful friends.

So what have I been up to for the last few days? I took Friday off from crafting which was the first day that I haven't created since 2008 started and I have to say that I honestly didn't like the break. I am a person that needs to create. So I am going to try not to do that anymore!

I did make a very fun trip to Barnes & Noble though on Friday. A view of my fun purchases.

First... Journal Revolution... I have debated buying this book for months now, but the BPS Reading Room this month is featuring this book so I decided that was just the excuse that I needed.

And I just have to do a huge shout-out to my friend Sharon because she is featured in the latest copy Artful Blogging. I am so excited for her and she is so deserving because her blog rocks! Not only is she incredibly talented, but she takes you through her artistic process which is incredibly inspirational.


And the other two are just for fun purchases (not that the previous two weren't. :P ) I figure Ben is leaving soon so I will have lots of spare time on my hands (do you think that it will actually work that way...probably not!)

And speaking of Ben...several of you asked if he now has time off before he leaves. Yes! We are very thankful that he will be home most of the next week...just a few meetings and such to go in for, but it does tend to be a bit of a Catch-22. While it is wonderful to be able to spend more time with him before he leaves....having him around that much just makes it so that we notice his absense more when he is gone.

And now that I have been rambling on for ages, I have a couple of projects to share. This first is just a card that I made. I REALLY like it. I think that I was channeling my inner-Lilybean (my favorite cardmaker!) For this card, I started out with a tag that I had originally made for the Life Before Brothers layout (I think that you will probably notice the similarities,) but it was a little too much for the layout. The bird and the dandelions are both from Unity Stamp Company.

This is my latest layout. One scrapbooker that I really admire for so many reasons is Christine Middlecamp, not the least of which, is for her incredible scrapbooking style. She creates these little detailed vignettes within her layouts so I tried to do that same type of thing on this layout. These are some more older photos from a trip to London with my parents. The papers here are Amy Butler. Alot of the details are MM and prima.

I hope that you are having a great weekend!
smiles,
Christi

11 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Now that Kat is crawling around you will be so busy.
Cute tag and I love the layout. Great colours too.
Alison

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Thank you for the shout out. Really cool to see me.
As always, I love your layouts and that little Kat is going to keep you so busy more and more every day.

Anonymous said...

What great books, they look really interesting! We do miss you when you're gone, but spending time wtih Kat is definately more important;) Love the card and layout too!
MWAH!
Amber

Amy said...

Great layout! and I think I might have to go get those books, I have visual chronicles and have been wanting JR for a while now..:-)

Mary Jo said...

Love that little *viginette* on your page :0)
Boy, I don't think it will be to long before Erin is crawling either.
They sure keep us busy don't they!!
And I know what you mean about having Ben around more makes it harder he's gone.
Having Mike here so much around the holidays and when he gets a long weekend, makes it twice as hard when he has to be gone :(

Alison Bryant said...

I love this blog!!! I get so inspired! Off to start a project...

Rita said...

Hey sweetie -- I have missed you -- I feel like it has been ages since I visited your blog and I apologize!

Your layout is so gorgeous and the card as well. Love all the detail on both of them.

Lisa said...

Beautiful layout, I will scraplifting several elements from this page!

Carolyn said...

Oh Christi ... love the book selection you have shown on your post. I see one I need to get asap, and your going to love journal revolution, good stuff in there.

Little Miss Kat is just beginning, the keep Mom moving phase. Just keep that camera close.

Sandra Evertson said...

Loved your projects! Thanks for sharing.

Sandra Evertson

Jayne said...

What fun selections you chose at B&N!
I can only imagine how hard it is for you military gals.
Love your latest lo!

ps...I left you an excellent blog award on mine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails