Wednesday, November 14, 2007

MIA from yesterday...

Hello! All day yesterday, I planned on posting on this blog and the links on the CP blog and the entire day slipped away from me. Aaackk!


We have some big changes going on around here with Kat and I and it has thrown us a bit out of whack. She started eating baby foods last week so I decided that it was time to start weaning her too (before the teeth start poking through). We are trying to do it gradually, but yesterday was not an easy day for either of us.


For her, she just plain doesn't understand why mom is being mean and keeps shoving this bottle at her when that is clearly not what she wants. The adjustment is esp. hard for her because she hasn't taken a bottle the entire 6 months of her life (she's been purely breast-fed) so half the time she feels like she is drowning when she is drinking from the bottle, but she is starting to figure it out.


She is also starting to gain some mobility so I started trying to baby-proof the living room and move all the English china stored at her level in there and the dining room. This required cleaning out/organizing kitchen cabinets to find a place to put it all. I feel like we have been doing spring cleaning around here. The good news is that I was able to re-organize my scrap supplies into the vacated spaces that the china left and now my dining room looks like we can actually eat there again and not just papercraft.


You have to understand something about this house. When we moved in, it was the PERFECT size. I had EXACTLY the right amount of cabinet space, bedrooms, etc. Exactly, as in there was not any (NONE!) extra space for bottles, baby food, sippy cups, baby beds, changing tables, diapers, etc. Another person was not supposed to invade our lives here. LOL! It has been a serious challenge to my re-organizing ability to make room for Kat here. In that, our move to Illinois cannot come fast enough!
But enough on that. Here is the card that I planned to post yesterday. I used the CP #7 (image 2) to inspire this card.
The stamps are some of the gorgeous new stamps from the Kim Hughes collection at Cornish Heritage Farms. They are so much fun to work with and I have some more cards planned in my head whenever I find the time to create them. The papers are all Tres Jolie from MME.
I have a couple more projects planned from the CP#7. Hopefully, I will get to at least one of those to have to share with you tomorrow. I am also in the brainstorming stage of a very fun advent calendar project which I hope to share soon.
I hope that you all are creating this week. Remember the holidays are coming (and soon!)
smiles,
christi

8 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What a difficult time for you and Kat. Patience is a virtue. So they say. Love the card - the coloursin the spotted paper are great and could be used with so many other colours too.
Alison

Amy said...

Love the card...Hope things get easier in the weaning department...I know what you mean about cramped housing we've lived in some tiny base housing...LOL..and I'm not sure what rank you guys are but they are building new houses like crazy up here at Scott and I have some friends who live there so if you want the inside scoop with pictures let me know! We liked housing when we lived on base, but since we think we'll stay we bought... :-)

Amy said...

wow that was bad grammar...LOL..let me try that one again...since we thought we'd probably stay here we bought a house off base...

Carolyn said...

I completely understand about how a home was perfect when you move in it, then all of sudden there is no room. I swear things become rabbits and it just multiplies like crazy. LOL

Cute Card, and hope Kat adjust in the new ways quickly.

Nancy said...

Awww hope it gets much easier for you and Kat. She is so adorable. Cramped house, man I still can not get use to it, I miss having a basement or a storage unit. The garage is a mess also.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

oh! this card is beautiful! love the colors! ;)

Alison Bryant said...

Great card! ...I'm trying to have more intelligent thoughts besides just that; not much luck right now. =)

Mary Jo said...

Christi - here was my secret for weaning Evan. I literally left town for a weekend to visit a sick friend, and when I came back he wouldn't nurse anymore. Now granted it wasn't intentional weaning because I planned on continuing when I got back. But he was pretty upset with me for leaving I think.
Anyway, I've told Mike that when we are ready to wean Erin, I'm leaving town ;0) Maybe a nice scrapbook or spa weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails