Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday...

Good morning! Were you up shopping in the hours of twilight this morning? I should have been! LOL! Kat has been up pretty much constantly since 1:30 am. Ugh! I was really going to whine about it on here, but then started doing the math. She never adjusted to time change so she is usually asleep at 6:00 in the evening (although it was a bit later last night after her over-stimulation from our Thanksgiving activities), but that is 7 1/2 hours of sleep. I am either going to have to get her adjusted to the time change or just accept the fact that I am never going to be able to watch prime-time tv again because I am usually asleep on the couch by 8:00. I have missed all the good shows this week! I am hoping to catch up via internet today and tomorrow...


So did you have a good day yesterday? We really did until Kat decided to do her impression of the Exorcist last night at bedtime, which only serves us right for asking so much of her, but she was an absolute angel until then so it's all good.

We went to the club on Fort Bragg for lunch. They had a beautiful buffet spread. There was very little that Jacob liked (although they had ice cream with oreo crumbles so it was all good), but Ben was in stuffing heaven. We were sitting where we had a good view of a lit water-fountain which Kat was enthralled with. Between it and the candle on the table, she had lots of things to focus on. She was a little more intimidated by all the people. Unlike Jacob as a baby, she is not too sure about strangers. She tends to hang on pretty tight to me at those times and never shares her beautiful smile (no matter how much they encourage her to.)


Here is a photo of the kids before we went to lunch:

After lunch, we came back to the house to give Kat a chance to nap and Ben went to the dining hall to serve Thanksgiving lunch to some of his troops. I took the chance to go out and take some more photos of the fall foliage...




We finished off the afternoon with our traditional trip to the movies. While the guys really wanted to go see Beowulf, I convinced them that Enchanted was a more appropriate family movie. And I was right...the movie was great. The actress in it is absolutely fabulous!! It was all the movie that I hoped it would be and the guys enjoyed it too. There was enough animation and singing at the beginning that it enthralled Kat too. She took a quick nap in the middle of it and was an absolute angel through the parts where she was awake although she wasn't too sure what was going on (she kept looking at me for reassurance.) Overall, it was a great day!


And because I need to share some art...here is a card that I have made for my niece Emily. While it is going to go with her Christmas present, I managed to skip the whole Christmas theme. LOL! I really wanted to use these darling Kim Hughes stamps and this is what transpired. Sometimes, you just have to follow your creative muse and trust what she is doing...
supplies used:
stamps...Kim Hughes Collection and Inque Boutique
papers...SEI and Rhonna Farrer
buttons...Autumn Leaves
ribbon
Have fun out at the stores today!
smiles,
Christi

7 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Hey Christi - I am right there with you in the sleep department!!
Ugh!
That is a great photo of the kids
:0)

Kari said...

Oh dear, I hope you got a nap in sweetie:) That little stinker. Chloe was like that for a long time, finally we got her in a good routine. Dare I say that, or will I jinx it:) hehe.
Take care,
Kari

Carolyn said...

Oh I hope you got a little nap today, and yes I was one of those people out there shopping in the wee hours, but I got some very good deals, so it was well worth it. About this lack of sleep, I remember all too well. My youngest was one who was ready to go after sleep 2-4 hrs, and I'm sorry to say this, but this lasted a few years. I think around kindergarten. LOL Now, hopefully Kat will discover a good sleeping pattern much earlier.

Super cute card for your niece, she's going to love it!

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

wonderful pictures!
(you've been tagged ;) go to happaymommay.blogspot.com to see!

Amy said...

I can't wait to go see enchanted! I'm hoping to take the kids maybe on sunday...I did hit the BX here and got the laptop...love the photos take care and glad you guys had a nice holiday!

Cindy Gilchrist said...

Oh Christi - I can't believe how big Cat is!! That is a beautiful picture of them both!

Rita said...

Just wanted to tell you how PERFECT that photo of Jacob & Kat is! He seems like such a great big brother!

Related Posts with Thumbnails