Monday, November 05, 2007

Getting back into the routine...

Good Morning! I am slowly getting back into my routine after a fun week of having my mom here. I have missed you all out here on the Net, but it is so much fun having mom here that it is worth the sacrifice of my computer time. So this morning, I am luxuriating in my computer time and blog-hopping.

I do have several things to share this morning...

Is there any doubt where Kat's blue eyes come from? This morning when I went and got Kat out of bed, she was looking around the corner watching for my mom... She misses you, Mom!

Here is a card that I created using Creative Prompt #3.

Supplies used:
*Prima papers
*Inque Boutique stamps
*Rhonna Farrer stamps (the sentiment)
*Heidi Swapp bling

I just received the latest issue (#7) of Complete Cardmaking. I had a section of 3 thank you cards using transparencies. Although this issue is the best yet (LOVE the new format and everyone's cards are just GORGEOUS!), I was dissappointed to see that the photo of my 3 cards was blurry. This card that I made for the article is one of my favorite cards that I have ever made and it just didn't look that good in the mag so I thought that I would share it here.

The Eiffel Tower photo is one that I took while in Paris a few years back. For this card, I changed it to sepia tones and then printed it on the transparency and then overlaid it onto the patterned paper. I just love how this card turned out...it's very ME! :)

I haven't talked about Halloween. All I have to say is that thank goodness mom was here. Trick or Treating on base was 6:00-9:00 and we easily have 100-300 kids come through in that time (although this year was a little more calm compared to last year), but it was smack-dab down the middle of Kat's fussy time and bedtime so it was a bit crazy. Add that to the fact that DH didn't get home til almost 7:30 from work and that means that mom handled most of the candy duty. She also took the only photos that we have from the night.

Kat in her Texas Tech cheerleader costume.


Almost bedtime, so Kat was in her pj's and winter hat while handing out candy. I actually think that this get-up was cuter than her real costume.


The only pseudo-photo that we have of Jacob's costume taken two nights before Halloween on his way to the Scout Halloween party. But in my defense, it is just a recycled costume from last year's Halloween and we already have photos of that which you can see here. I know, bad mom. Thank goodness Nana was here or we wouldn't have had any photos at all. I am thinking that we may have to re-create Halloween so that I have some photos for perpetuity.

That's it for this morning. I hope to do a bit of Creative Prompt catch-up today and get some layouts done so I should be back soon!
smiles,
christi

8 comments:

Mary Jo said...

How nice to have your mom to help!
Kat is such a cutie!!
And I love that eiffel tower card!!

Theresa said...

BEAUTIFUL card!!! And what a special time to have with your mom!!!

Alison Bryant said...

Cute, cute pictures!! I'd say more, but my Benadryl-fuzzy brain prevents it. Have a great day!

Jeanne said...

Oh how I love the Paris card...simply beautiful. So happy you had such a nice visit with mom. How many rounds of scrabble did you two play?

Amy Castellano said...

I love the pic of you and Kat, and that pic of your mom and Kat just screams for a cute grandma layout...LOL...I liked base housing, but Halloween is one of the reasons I'm glad we bought a house, I can always remember thinking the night would never end..I swear greyhound dropped busses of kids off at the gate LOL

Anonymous said...

that KAT is the CUTEST!!! that Eiffel tower card is STUNNING!!!
XO

Alison Gibbs said...

Great pic. of Kat and your Mum. Wow - matching blue eyes.
Alison

Rita said...

Both of those cards are just so lovely!

Great photos -- the one of your mom and Kat is beautiful. And isn't it nice that someone took pictures that include YOU too?? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails