Sunday, November 11, 2007

How is this even POSSIBLE?!?!

For the sake of my newer blog readers, you may not realize, but in addition to the baby, we have a son. We have a 12 yo son (does that help explain why I was so shocked at Kat's arrival in our lives? LOL!)

He's a fantastic kid, even as a pre-teen. He has always been small though. Throughout all of his childhood, he rated in the 10% category for height, so it has always been a given that he was not going to be the tallest kid in the class. Well, at the beginning of summer, that started to change. At first it was subtle...outgrowing clothes. Then we started noticing that when he was in groups, he wasn't the smallest anymore. And just recently, when he stands by me, it truly gives me a shock.

So on Friday, we decided to start really tracking this phenomena and made a mark at his height on the wall. This morning, he and his dad were getting ready to go and he was standing by me again and I remarked upon the fact that it looks like he has grown again so we went to the wall and this is what we found...


OMG! That first mark is from 11-9-07 (not 06---as in TWO DAYS AGO!!!) and then today's mark. That is over 3/4" in TWO DAYS!?! How is that even physically possible?!?! At this rate, he is going to be over 6' by the end of the year! Aaackkk!

I will be back later with art, gratitude, and talk of weight loss. BTW, Carolyn, I adore you! Thanks sweetie!
smiles,
christi

8 comments:

Raechelle Bellus said...

wow! That's amazing! I bet he's excited!

Cathy Pascual said...

wow! that's some growth spurt!

Patter Cross said...

Huh? Wow!!!! My dd has never been on the growth chart. She is always below but maintains her own curve. She needs a spurt like that!

Alison Gibbs said...

How wonderful for him to have a growth spurt like that. I bet he's loving not being the smallest in his year group now.
Alison

Alison Bryant said...

So how tall is he now?

Amy said...

gives a whole to meaning to "they grow up so fast", wow gives me hope though I have the smallest 12 year old boy in the class as well...maybe there is hope :-)

Rita said...

WOW! I didn't know that could happen! Ryan has always been above the growth average (90th percentile -- eek!), but Nicholas is well below, so it's good to know that sometimes they do catch up!

It's so hard to believe that those little bitty babies we hold in our arms might possibly tower over us someday!

Carolyn said...

Holy smokes Christi that's a big growth jump... Whatcha been feeding that growing boy? LOL

and your welcome! But it was true, what I thought. wink!

Related Posts with Thumbnails