Monday, November 19, 2007

Counting my Blessings...

Somewhere along the way, I got bogged down in what I was doing and completely forgot about posting my "grateful a day". How truly awful is that? To forget to count one thing to be grateful for in a day... so I am going to make up for it today and post about several things that I am grateful for.



1. First, I am going to talk about that photo on this layout. There is a grateful here so stick with me. Yes, I absolutely will admit it...this photo is totally staged. I took it while holding her, and the camera, while at the same time trying to keep her from actually eating the flowers. No easy task! LOL! But I look at this photo and think about how cute it could be for her to have later in life...you know for wedding announcements, 18th birthday party, graduation, etc. This is the kind of photo that is fun to pull out for those type of things and yes, it was fun for me to scrapbook too!




And that brings me to the grateful part...I am so grateful that we have the lifestyle that we have here in the US so that we can enjoy things like this...both the scrapbook and the practice of taking a silly, fun photo. There are so many in the world that have to concentrate on their day-to-day existence that these simple pleasures just don't exist. I hope for my children that this stays this way for their lifetime, although I have to admit that I don't think that it will-- so I try to take the time to appreciate it.




2. I am also grateful for our trip to the Lab this morning. Kat has to have her blood drawn once a month to monitor her thyroid medication. This is usually a VERY stressful event as it usually takes several tries and up to a half an hour of her screaming while they search for a good vessel. This morning, it only took one try and we were in and out in less than 5 minutes. YAY!!




3. Grateful also comes in the form that Kat is finally accepting a bottle with formula. Saturday, we decided to try to out-stubborn her and didn't give her any other options besides the bottle and baby food. She finally relented and has been doing pretty good ever since. Now I just breastfeed her first thing in the morning and before she goes to bed at night.




4. And on to another purely shallow grateful post. I have a new printer! Yay! My other one had been limping along for about a month and a half now (it would print, but not photo quality) and it finally completely bit the dust last week. So I am now the proud owner of an HP Photosmart C6280. While not as good as my old HP, it will work for me and I can print photos again! Yay!




5. Finally the last thing that I am grateful for today...my dad. He is having surgery this morning on his spine for some disc work and while both my parents keep telling me that this is routine and that I don't need to be there, I hate that I am not there this morning keeping my mom company while he is in surgery. I am sure that he will be fine, but if you could offer up a little prayer for him and my mom, I would really appreciate it. He means so much to my entire family...I can't imagine our world without him in it. I love you, dad!!



smiles,
christi

5 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

First, I got # 5 covered. Good wishes for your Dad.
Then, let me just say that I think this is my favorite page of Kat so far. It seems a little different from what you usually do too.

Anonymous said...

what a great reminder to stop and really be grateful...really look at how blessed we really are!!
good job sticking to it with kat....those little girls really can be stubborn :)
xoxo
annie

Alison Gibbs said...

How wonderful for Kat to be accepting the bottle. Well done on your 'stubborness' Love that photo of Kat.
Good luck to your Dad, I will be thinking of him.
Alison

Amy said...

This is probably one of my favorite layouts of yours, just beautiful, but how could it not be with such a beautiful subject? Hope everything goes well with your Dad...

Carolyn said...

I have to admit, when I first viewed the photo of Kat and those flowers, I thought she was standing up, and I was in complete awe, because I swore she couldn't be that old yet. But now I know the trick. LOL It really is a great pic, you did an awesome job capturing it.

I really hope your Dad's surgery goes well. Sorry you couldn't be there with him, but you know he knows you would be if you could. hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails