Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Whew! Weekend Recovery...

Well, I have no idea what happened this weekend to cause it, but we were busy and I fell seriously behind in my {21} day challenge. Unfortunately, whenever we do anything that takes little Miss Kat out of her routine, she is not so happy to play on the floor alone while I create. She also gets much more difficult to put down for naps and bedtime so I just haven't had a chance to get anything done. That has changed today. So far, I have created Saturday's, Sunday's, and Monday's art journal pages. I hope to also get today's done before the day it through, but I will share it with you tomorrow.

But because I did all these pages today, I haven't done much actual journaling. I have concentrated more on playing with the art. I also haven't been doing too well on my goals the last couple of days...I think that I need the art to keep me accountable...interesting isn't it?

So here is Saturday's page. I have had these bird stickers from Heidi Swapp ever since they came out without any idea of what to do with them so this was basically a play-page to see what I could create around the sticker. I really loved the way that Rhonna designed the quote so I just trimmed around it and made it an integral part of the page design.


Sunday's page was a true sit down and get messy page. I dyed all these manilla tags with my Tim Holtz Colorwash sprays and basically just played until I got the effect that I wanted. I love how rich the colors are on it.


For yesterday's page, I love all the bird images that we are seeing everywhere so I just played with creating a silhouette. Her tail is a bit off, but otherwise it's an interesting look...


So I am getting back on track with my challenge after two really bad days. So how is everyone else doing? I am seriously behind on my blog hopping, but I hope to catch back up with all of you within the next couple of days.
smiles,
Christi

9 comments:

Alison Bryant said...

Wow. That's the only intelligible thing I can think to say! Very cool designs, lots of depth. Love the quotes, too!

Barb said...

What flourishes did you use on your Day 16 page? Your work is so great and I love the tags on that page.....you are an inspiration...and with a baby to boot!

Alison Gibbs said...

You have been busy. All of those lovely pages. Maybe the Little Darling will be more into her normal routine now that the weekends over. It doesn't take much to upset their routine does it?

Christi said...

Thanks girls! The flourish stamps are those fun, gorgeous Inque Boutique stamps. :) smiles...

Rita said...

Wow Christi -- I think the page in the middle is one of my very favorites of yours (with the tags and inks). It's fantastic -- the colors are amazing!

Hope Kat is getting back to her normal routine for you!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

I'm just loving every one of your pages and enjoying your process.
Good job.

Carolyn said...

Love that you are creating with birds, they look fabulous on your pages. What tail...lol I didn't even noticed it until you said something about it... and it look just fine as it is.

Oh and nothing new with me, so your not missing anything on my blog. Wink!

Rhonna said...

wow, these pages are a*mazing!!!
Love seeing your stuff for The {21} Challenge...you are amazing...seriously...
did I already tell you that?
LOL...
keep it up!
WTG!!!!
R

Casii said...

Love all the artsy fun on these pages! Especially with the color wash sprays. Reminds me to get mine back out again.
Super stuff here, be proud!

Related Posts with Thumbnails