Sunday, October 07, 2007

Airshow photos...

For those of you that don't know, DH is in the Air Force and we live on an Air Force base. There are good things and bad things about our lifestyle, but today is a really good example of one of the fun things.

This weekend our base has been hosting an air show all weekend. DH and Jacob were at the actual air show, but I knew that would be way too much for Kat so we stayed home. The following photos are taken from the blanket that the two of us were laying on in our front yard using my Kodak camera. Because of trees and distance, we can't actually see the runway and a lot of the acrobatics, but I think that you will agree that the view from our front yard was pretty cool (and I can guarantee you that we were more comfortable laying on our blanket under the shade of the tree than most were walking around the air show.) *click on the photos to see them better*

The thunderbirds (my last photo before my battery died):


I love this photo! I just wish that the darn wires weren't in the way:


Japanese Kate torpedo plane:


B-25:


F-15:


Inverted Mustang (P-51):


The following 2 photos were T-6 Texans (an acrobatic group):



And of course, I had to take some photos of Kat too in between planes. She kept trying to take my lens cap:


It's starting to look a bit like autumn around here:


one last Thunderbird shot:



And in between plane viewing, I made some cards, but I will wait and share those tomorrow.
smiles,
christi

9 comments:

Patter Cross said...

Great, great pictures! Gosh, I miss the Air Force! My dad flew F-4s and F-111s. Then dh was in the Air Force too early in our marriage! It's a lifestyle I miss for sure! TFS! And I love the one with your dd's hand and the leaf. Stunning!

Unknown said...

Too bad tomcats don't fly anymore ! Do they fly in airshows sometimes?

Love these planes, love all planes. Your dd was not scared by the noise?

Raechelle Bellus said...

Great photos! I haven't seen an airshow since we lived hear the runway of an AF base.

Carolyn said...

I'm thinking that front yard seating was perfect for the air show, and probably more comfortable being there too. You really did get some awesome shots of the air show, I enjoyed looking at them, and will show dh when he gets home tonight, I think he will enjoy seeing them to.

tfs

Angela Zapien said...

Great Photos!!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Fabulous pictures. Oh, how I miss a good air show. Haven't been to one since Mildenhall.
Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Rita said...

What great airshow photos you got Christi! Very cool! And look at sweet little Kat -- she is just such a doll. Love the leaf in her hand shot -- it's beautiful!

Mary Jo said...

Evan would have loved that air show!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christi.. Great Pics...wondered what base you're at...we're at Scott..funny how small the Air Force world is huh?...anyway thanks for all your encouraging comments on the challenge I was way behind (long story on my blog)but have finally finished...your cards look great by the way
take care
Amy

Related Posts with Thumbnails