Monday, August 04, 2008

Enthusiasm!!!

"Nothing great was ever achieved without Enthusiasm."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson



This is my motto for this week. I have this blackboard sitting on my kitchen island and wrote this on it so that everytime I walk through the kitchen, it is there to remind me. I love that!

Today is the Simply Scrapbook Challenge over on the Unity forum. You can see the specifics of the challenge here which you might want to check out because there is a prize involved this month. :o)

Here is today's sketch:


And here is my layout that I made from this sketch:


The few weeks leading up to Ben getting home, Kat was getting very restless so we got where we would go sit on a blanket out in the front yard. She loved exploring all the new sights and textures out there under our trees.


For this layout, I used one of Unity's new stamp kits, Growing In Unity. I've said it before and I am sure that I will say it again, but I am totally in love with this kit!!! Look at those little birds on the swirl. That gorgeous tree is from the kit too!



For the Sweet Delight title, I used the word stamps from the Birds of a Feather kit.
Supplies used:
*Unity Growing in Unity kit
*Unity Birds of a Feather kit
*SEI Orchid collection
*Prima flowers
*K&Co. brad and journaling piece
*Gingham brads
*Ranger Archival Black inkpad
*Marvy Uchida scallop circle punch
smiles,
Christi

2 comments:

Alison Bryant said...

Love the colors and swirls. It makes me enthusiastic! =)

Mom2fur said...

What a beautiful layout! I'll have to see how I can adapt it to 8.5 x 11, which is my preferred size. It looks really nice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails