Monday, August 25, 2008


How are we already on a Monday again? I swear that I must have slept through one of the day's from the weekend because it sure doesn't feel like the weekend should be over yet, but I guess if that were the case, I would feel more rested than I do. LOL!





It was actually a really fun weekend. Jacob was gone to Scout camp so Kat, Ben, and I went out to a gorgeously, historic little town, St. Charles, on Saturday to watch a kayak race come to an end. We had a picnic on the shore of the river, walked through that beautiful little town, and overall just had a really fun day together.












This week's motivational/inspirational quote for our household:
Keep steadily before you the fact that all true success
depends at last upon yourself.
~Theodore T. Hunger


Today is Monday and that means that I have a Monday sketch for you. This is the last one for the month of August. Remember if you complete all 4 sketches from this month, you will have your name entered to win a stamp kit of your choice from Unity Stamp Co. Even if you haven't done any of the sketches yet, it is not too late to do them...they just have to be done and links sent to me by next Monday, Sept 1st. The other three sketches are here: August 4, August 11, and August 18.

And here is today's sketch:


These are some photos that I had taken while packing up to move in July.



The journaling says, "July, 2008- moving with Kat at age 1 definitely did not make the process easier, but there were times when she definitely made it more fun. She loved the boxes and tape. (moving from Ft. Bragg, NC to Scott AFB, Ill)"

I used the Floral Fantastical kit from Unity Stamp Co. and colored in those butterflies with watercolor pencils and did just a bit of detail work on the borders using my white sharpie.




Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Floral Fantastical
*KI Memories paper
*Jenni Bowlin journaling flower
*Amer Crafts Glittler Alpha Thickers
*watercolor pencils
*Heidi Swapp bling
*white sharpie
*brown inkpad
*Kraft cardstock

8 comments:

Heather said...

So cute Christi, that historical town looks soo cute!! Love the LO, those butterfly's make my heart hurt!!

Maria said...

Awesome pics from your weekend, that town looks so nice.

Love your layout! I can't believe August is almost over, how does that happen? I will play this week! Thanks for all the great sketches!

dianna said...

That Kat is getting B*I*G !

Kelly said...

Beautiful pictures....I've heard that is a neat town.

Alison Bryant said...

Thanks for sharing. What beautiful things!

Rita said...

What beautiful photos you got! Kat looks so little up on Ben's shoulders!

I need to get my scrappin' mojo going. Nick started pre-school this week (today actually). I was too sad to do anything today, but I may just have to start allowing myself some creating time while he's at school. I love your sketches and would love to use them. Are you doing your Creative Prompts on that blog anymore?

Maria said...

Here is my page for your sketch:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1034884?cat=500&ppuser=15769

Thanks!

Mary Jo said...

It's so neat to see you getting to know the area :0)
I'm always so curious to see what others think.
Make sure you guys check out the Missouri Botanical Gardens. We go there often. There's a great children's garden there and it is so beautiful! We go there often since it's so close :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails