Friday, August 15, 2008

It was a good party...

...when it's over and you have a new tattoo...









Just kidding, Mom...it's just StazOn, but wouldn't that stamp (from Unity's Growing in Unity kit) make the greatest tattoo? I just LOVE that stamp...okay, maybe not enough to get a real tattoo, but I think that it looks fun...LOL!



But in all seriousness, yesterday's Unity Hip-Hop was a blast! It ended up lasting all day with tons of chat, fun, and prizes from Unity's extremely generous owners, Angela & Chris. And the amazing thing is...we are doing it every Thursday! I am just not sure what I am going to do with Kat next Thursday since Jacob will be in school...yesterday cost me $20 so that he would watch her while I played. :o)



In the midst of all the fun, I actually managed to get a card made too in response to one of the Splitcoast challenges--an inspiration challenge. Here is the inspiration that was provided:







And here is the card that I created:




For this card, I again used the Unity kit, Growing in Unity (I get the feeling that you all are going to see me use this kit a TON!)

I highlighted some of the areas of the corner stamp using my white sharpie and flat-backed gems.




Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Growing in Unity
*Unity Stamp Co. Mix Up of Cuteness (sentiment)
*Chatterbox paper
*flat-backed gems
*Martha Stewart border punch
*white sharpie

BTW, thank you so much for all the amazing comments from yesterday's post. I promise I will be paying a visit to all of your blogs sometime this weekend!

5 comments:

Rita said...

I love that Unity stamp set -- it's got such gorgeous images! And I have to say -- that "tattoo" looks pretty sweet! :)

Sounds like Hip Hop Thursday was a great fun. I love that inspiration piece and your card!

Crystal said...

Hey, Christi! I finally got a chance to check your blog again. So good to hear that the house is perfect for you guys and you are getting settled in your new community.

As always, your cards are beautiful and totally inspiring. Hope you are enjoying a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I believe you are taunting me Chris. ;)

Mandy said...

That is beautiful! Great colors, too!

Maria said...

Great card Christi! OK how long did you Unity tat last from the party?

Related Posts with Thumbnails