Monday, August 11, 2008

We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
~Aristotle


Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
~Robert Collier


I couldn't decide on one quote to live by this week...so I chose 2, but I think that for this week that the 2nd one is my favorite and the one going on my kitchen blackboard.


So how are you all doing out there in blogland? I am running late today. I should have had this post up about 3-4 hours ago, but I have a little girl who is trying to give up her naps which I am NOT ready for yet...LOL!


As you all know, I have been hosting a Simply Scrapbook Sketch Challenge with Unity over on their Splitcoast forum. Well, Angela and AJ are constantly changing things up so that it stays super-fun which means that my challenges over there are no more... so for the time being, I am going to be running them from here on Mondays.


Last Monday I had announced that there would be a random prize drawn from everyone who completed all of the August sketches...your choice of Unity kits. I am still doing that...you will just have to link me up to your layout through my blog now instead. Just make sure to do all of the August one's by Sept. 1st. They are posted here every Monday in August.


So here's todays sketch:


For this layout, I worked with several pieces from the Work In Progress August Main kit. I LOVE Trish's kits and this one has definitely been one of my favorites. I just LOVE that SEI paper.


The theme of the layout is one that I have been planning to do for a while. Kat LOVES animals...almost to the point of obsession. She sees an animal {any kind-real, stuffed, photo} and she will just go ballistic trying to show you and get to it. This also applies to anything that might slightly resemble an animal...case in point, my fuzzy slipper socks. LOL! The day that I took these photos she carried my slipper socks around for a good 2-3 hours petting and cooing them. It was soooo cute!




For this layout, I used the Unity Kit of the Month from July. With the move, I feel like I have neglected this poor, cute little kit. I know that it isn't available anymore, but you probably are going to see more of it over the next couple of weeks because I really want to play with it some more. And if you haven't done so yet, go check out August's kit...it's just as cute! I just got in some paper today that I am planning to use with it!



Supplies Used:
*Unity July KOM-It's the Little Things
*SEI paper (WIP kit)
*Creative Imaginations paper (WIP kit)
*Chatterbox paper
*K&Co. paper
*SEI coasters (WIP kit)
*American Crafts Thickers (WIP kit)
*buttons


10 comments:

Alison Bryant said...

Very cute layout and anecdote about Kat...love the quotes! That gets my afternoon off to a good start.

Brooke said...

Christi.. your layout is DARLING.. as well as sweet little KAT. what a doll!! Super sketch... i have completely fallen behind keeping up with them.. i hope to catch up and play soon! I haven't forgotten about you!! :)

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Christi!! I'm the same as Brooke, falling behind, but am going to take time to play with all your august sketches. Thanks for encouraging us!!

Rita said...

Love that story about Kat -- how sweet! LOL And I have to admit -- I hated it when my kids gave up naps. I fought it as long as I could and just finally had to give in! :)

Great quotes too -- you know I love a good quote!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I'm a friend of Rita's and wanted to give you a Birthday shout out.

Happy Birthday!

Maria said...

Great LO, your little one is precious! Well I was bummed that the sketches were no longer over at SCS. Something tells me Angela is brewing something big! I can't wait! But I love your sketches so I will def try and play along this week.

dianna said...

Love how you put the buttons on that flourish*!*

Oh...dropping a nap is never fun.
I'll send sleepy thoughts your way :)

Carolyn said...

Christi
Happy Belated Birthday!! I'm so sorry I am a day late. May all of your birthday wishes come true.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christi!! Happy birthday again!! Hope you had the best day! :)

Thanks for still doing the scrapbook challenge.. it's great! :) Here's my layout for this week:
http://muffyvan.wordpress.com/2008/08/14/whats-been-happening/

Maria said...

I just posted my LO for this sketch on SCS here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1018105?cat=500&ppuser=15769

Related Posts with Thumbnails