Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Confession Time...

I confess...I created all of my summer sketches a couple of months ago before Ben got home from Iraq. This week's was the last of the pre-prepared sketches, but it's been a while since I did it so when I sat down to create, I simply found photos that worked and followed the sketch.



Well, I posted the sketch yesterday and at the time, I was about 3/4 of the way through with this layout. What I realized after I posted the sketch, was that I was working with the sketch turned sideways. Normally, I am a huge fan of turning sketches to create different looks, but for this one, I really think that it works better using the original orientation of the sketch rather than how I used it...LOL! I feel another layout coming on using this sketch turned the right way, mainly just to see if it really does look better that way



But anyway, this is what I did with the sketch turned...






For this layout, I used the Unity July kit of the month (the main background, the owl, and the swirl stamped in white around the edge of the brown cardstock....it's no longer available, but there is an equally cute one for August that you can see here.) I also used the Unity Tea Time Pattern Background stamped with white StazOn on the green cardstock.

For the "O" detail on the Kat's New Owl Friend title, I layered a couple of K&Company tags, as well as a small scallop circle punch, flower and Little Yellow Bicycle Epoxy button.



Supplies Used:
*Unity Stamp Company July KOM- It's the Little Things
*Unity Stamp Co. Tea Time Pattern
*SEI paper (owl) and die cut (tab with date)
*K&Company journaling tags
*CTMH inkpads (Breeze, Ocean, Sweet Leaf, Cocoa)
*Amer. Crafts alpha stickers
*Prima flowers
*Little Yellow Bicycle Epoxy stickers/buttons
*ribbon
*brads
*Zig Writers

7 comments:

Alison Bryant said...

I just love all the little details on this one. It's so fun.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Christi,
Gorgeous LO's! I've been such a bad blogger lately and just got over to see your new layout - SO LOVE the new look of your blog!
Have a fabulous day.
Sandy

Ann(i)e Hafermann said...

love the layout and love the new look of your blog (sorry if it's not that new...but I have been out of action for nearly 7 weeks.... :) )
XO
Annie

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wow Christi...I love this!!! Love your new blog look too!!!
(you've been tagged on my blog!)

The Sonboul's said...

Such cute colors you used and hey, it's okay to get those sketches done early ;)

Maria said...

Great lo of your sketch! Love it! Here is my take on your sketch:
http://riacreations.blogspot.com/2008/08/unity-scrapbook-fun.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Christi!!

Thanks for another great sketch. Here's my layout :
http://muffyvan.org/?p=615

Related Posts with Thumbnails