Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's Time for some HIP-HOPping!!!



Welcome to Unity's Hip-Hop Thursday!!! If you have come from Patter's blog, then welcome! If not, you need to head to Angela's blog and start the hip-hop there following all the blog links to the final blog which will have a place for you to register for this week's hip-hop blog candy, School Rock Star.


Angela has some super-fun stuff planned for today:

***Of course there is a ROCKING new single by Jessica Rose, Love Builds a Home. I am so getting that stamp for Change of Address cards {which I still haven't made...oops!}

***There is also a new limited edition single that normally only comes in a kit, the Dream Tree from the kit Growing in Unity (although this is absolutely my favorite kit...EVERY stamp in it is gorgeous!)...this is only available as a single for a VERY limited time so if you want it, you better grab it...


For this card, I used that tree (the sentiment is also from that kit) and some K&Company papers, flat-backed gems, and brads.

***Angela has also put the Worn Vintage Clock up as a single for the unbelievable price of $.01...Can you believe that price?!?! At that price, she is limiting them to only one per order. I have a card made with that clock that you can see here...that card is 5x7 so you can see just how big it is...incredible deal! I hope to get some more done with it today, but we will see how much I get done with the hip-hop going on... :o)

***Finally, she said that she wouldn't do it again, but the entire Unity website (excluding the kit of the month) is 10% off...WOW!

***And you absolutely have to come play with us in the Unity forum for the hip-hopping fun today...Angela will be giving away tons of fun stuff and there is the usual fun and frivolity going on over there!


And finally, here are my projects for today...I had promised to send Angela some notecards to have on hand over at the Unity office several weeks ago and am just now getting them done and sent out. I, of course, had to use that fun Growing in Unity stamp and used the Unity brown and teal color scheme...


Supplies Used:
*Unity Growing in Unity kit
*Marcella (old line) papers
*Marvy Uchida punches
*Martha Stewart ribbon
*Making Memories copper brads
*Zig Writer
*brown inkpad


For my signature on the back, I used one of the other stamps from this kit...isn't that little swirl perfect for adding a signature...I love it!


Now you need to head out to the ever-talented Jimmi's blog to continue along your hip-hop journey...you are getting close to the end!

37 comments:

Patter Cross said...

These are all just beautiful girl!!! And I LOVE how you are doing your signature on the back of the card! Awesome idea! Hip Hop!

Ashley Newell said...

Lovely cards!

AJ said...

great stuff chickie!! love how you used that swirl for the card back!
;)

The Sonboul's said...

That is such an adorable card set! I love how you put the bird in the oval! I love ovals!!!

Jess said...

spectacular cards for Angela to use! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!
~Chelsea

Candace H said...

Your notecards and tree card are beautiful! I can't wait to get the tree stamp (though one day I may wish I'd gotten the whole kit). Thanks for the inspiration!

Cat Tidwell said...

OMG! All are fantastic! But that bird one, wow!!

Maren said...

Such gorgeous creations!!

Rita said...

Well, I have finally hip hopped all the way to your blog and I am LOVING your projects. But you already know I'm a fan! ;)

I have purchased my gorgeous tree stamp as a single (along with a few other Unity goodies) and look forward to trying them out!

Theresa Momber said...

Such gorgeous projects! You make that Growing in Unity set rock!

Tanis said...

I love those cards :) What a great set!!

Linsey R said...

These are super gorgesous and I LOVE your tree! Super awesome work, Chris! TFS it all! :)

Anonymous said...

Love all these fun projects...but that gorgeous tree is just my speed...bright colors and cool gems! I think I may just have to break down today!

Patty Williams said...

Love that bird!

Anonymous said...

These are so great! I love what you did with the tree stamp. GORGEOUS!!

Jingle said...

So cute! I love how you used the tree! Hopping on...!!!

Erin McKinney said...

Beautiful notecards....great card, too...love the bling!

Dawn said...

Very cute cards, and I love the little signature swirl!

Unknown said...

These are some beautiful cards - great job! :)

Ravengirl said...

Cute stuff! I especially like the time for tea card with the 1 cent clock.

liannallama said...

wow! Stunning projects! You are quite talented!

NancyP said...

WOW! Love what you did with the Dream Tree stamp! AWESOME card!!! And I LOVE your "Growing in Unity" notecards!

Jennifer Buck said...

Beautiful, Christi! LOVE them! :)

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

WOW Christi!! These are all so BEAUTIFUL!!

Missy said...

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Julie Overby said...

Love that tree stamp and your set of cards is lovely!

Kimberly Crawford said...

WOW! Beautiful!! Absolutely beautiful!!!

Unity Stamp Company said...

Isn't that TREE THE BEST! You always do the most FABULOUS creations with Unity Stamps! I am so sorry that your package is MIA...LET ME KNOW THE MOMENT it arrives! Once again, I want to tell you how sweet you are and how very much I appreciate your support. I could never say it enough! Thank you so much!

Sarah E. said...

So adorable! :)

shadows of life said...

those note cards are PERFECT!!!!!!!

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

Everything you touch is just beautiful!! Love your work!

cinmfoster said...

what a great set of cards.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blues on the cards!

Heather said...

Christi These are WONDERFUL!! you have been a busy girl!!

Jessy said...

Hi Christi- great projects for HIP HOP. Im just getting to the blogs now. LOL. I love your projects, they are super pretty this week! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

I love owl cards so bright and colorful your from scs hotwheels

Related Posts with Thumbnails