Saturday, June 07, 2008

A Very Personal Project...

Every Thursday over on the Unity forum at Splitcoast, one of the design team members posts a project challenge for the week. The very talented Brooke Lien posted this weeks, a Days To Remember book. I already have one of these, but really loved hers and wanted to participate in the challenge. So I used her format...just changed up the theme of my book.

We have been chatting over there this week about dreams and goals for the 2nd half of the year and it got me to thinking that I needed to focus more on my dreams. When I unexpectedly got pregnant with Kat, I kind of lost focus on the goals that I was working towards then.
So the goal of this book is to refocus me. I am using the calendar pages that Brooke provided and everyday (starting in August so life will be settled again) I am holding myself accountable for doing something to further propel me towards my dreams/goals. Everyday I have to write something in my book that I have done that day to get closer to a dream. I turn 38 in August so the book is kind of a 2 year program of the things that I want to accomplish before my 40th birthday.
On these first two pages, I plan on laying out exactly what those goals/dreams are so that I can check them off as I accomplish them.
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company Beauty of Dreams Single (quote)
*Unity Stamp Company Bliss & A Birdie (little bird-June KOM)
*Unity Stamp Company Believe kit
*Unity Stamp Company Handmade By: (journaling block inside)
*Unity Stamp Company Small Elegance (swirls)
*Prima papers (cover)
*StazOn Timber Brown inkpad
*ribbon
*Melissa Frances glitter
*Basic Grey papers (inside)
smiles,
Christi

15 comments:

Brooke said...

christi... this turned out so gorgeous.. i really like the colors you chose and the theme of your book... such a classy look.. i absolutely love it!

Susan Westberg said...

I absolutely *adore* the colors! It is so pretty ... like a piece of art that could just be on a table!

Unity Stamp Company said...

That is AMAZING! I just love your art, Christi! Does all of this just POP right out of your head? I am consistenly impressed. Enjoy your weekend!

Jess said...

Christi, this is so beautiful! What a great book to work on your goals with!

Kelly said...

What a beautiful book....it will help you even more to stay motivated and focused. Great job!!

(I think I need to make one of those!)

Heather said...

I love how you took her idea and made it your own!! This is FAB!!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness!!! this turned out FABULOUS!!!!!!!

Alison Bryant said...

How beautiful! It's so calming just to look at it.
...And your concept for the book inspires me to work daily toward my goals, too. How time flies!

Lisa said...

That is beautiful! You always make the prettiest things, I love looking at your blog and hoping some I'll get some inspiration here.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful Christi. So delicate with the bird an swirls. What a great place to put your dreams and plans.

Jessy said...

Gorgeous book Christi. I am a big fan of your work, you are so inspiring. Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Love the book, Christi!
You always inspire me to want to create something.
Love this idea!
Hope the moving is coming along well.
thanks for sharing!

Alison Gibbs said...

Christi fabulous book. Have fun with it
Alison

Kari said...

This is GORGEOUS! I absolutely adore it. Great work:)
Kari

Rita said...

Love the theme and the art in your beautiful book! What a great project.

Related Posts with Thumbnails