Monday, June 30, 2008

And the Chaos Ensues...

Life has been crazy for the last few months, but now the real chaos begins. After a ceremony on base this coming Wednesday (we think...the AirForce is holding true to form and keeping us on our toes as we head into another move *sigh*), we are heading out to Alabama to see DH's family for a couple of days. Two VERY LONG days driving and two quick days visiting and then it will be back here so that the packers can come in and disassemble our home on Monday. I will try to check in and am desperately trying to figure out how to get my pretty new red Palm to work as a modem for my laptop (David, I think that you are my last hope on this one...I'll be calling you SOON!) so that I will be able to stay in touch and maintain my sanity.


But for now, I need to share my latest Simply Scrapbook Challenge sketch from the Unity forum over at Splitcoast.





Here is the layout that I created from the sketch...



For this layout, I used the Small Elegance stamp kit (swirl on the edges and that darling dandelion.) I created the edge detail by simply stamping the swirl and reversing the direction every time I stamped it.



For the dandelion, I added a bit of detail work with my white sharpie and flat-backed gems in the centers. The words are all Unity stamps too. The little single words along the edges of the photos are from Birds of a Feather and the title, Simply Adorable, came out of Mix Up of Cuteness.


Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Small Elegance kit
*Unity Stamp Co. Mix Up of Cuteness kit
*Unity Stamp Co. Birds of a Feather kit
*Heidi Grace paper (dandelions and embellies)
*Scenic Route paper (grid)
*ColorBox inkpads
*MM button Brads
*flat-backed gems
*Martha Stewart border punch



smiles,
Christi

2 comments:

Dave said...

I know things are really hectic for you guys right now. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

As for your palm, which one is it? The centro or another one? I'm not totally sure I can help if it is a Palm operating system one, but if it is a Windows Mobile palm, I may be able to help you out. I've been doing the same thing lately with mine.

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh how busy you are.
Love the layout with kat.
So sweet
Alison

Related Posts with Thumbnails