Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Something must be done...

...about the state of my house. I know that I am moving and that requires some bit of chaos, but in the last hour I have kicked, stumbled over, or knocked over at least 1/2 a dozen things. It is getting ridiculous, but rather than do something to take care of it right now, I decided that blogging would be a better use of my time. :o) The sacrifices that I make for you, my blog-readers.

But first some photos! I haven't shown any pics lately of Little Miss and I have had the camera out the last couple of days. She is at such a transition point right now...starting to walk and talk...changes absolutely every day.

Yesterday we went out and sat on a blanket in the front yard for a while. She loved to explore the sticks and pine cones, but hates getting dirt on her hands. I taught her how to dust them off and she thought that was the funnest game.







This is how we spend most of our awake time these days. She's still not walking although she did take three tiny steps today by herself for the first time. But she loves to go for a "walk"...she holds my fingers and cruises around the room for as long as I will let her before my back gives out from bending over. At this point, I am really hoping that she will hold off until Ben gets home Saturday and Jacob will be crushed if he misses her walking while he is at camp this week.



She is also becoming a very proficient box-taper. She spent about 1/2 an hour this afternoon taping up this box for me. Think I should hire her out?



She hasn't quite gotten the hang of the packing paper, but she thought it was pretty comfy for a chair.



And just for cuteness, she gave me the cheesey smile.

She is such a little sweetheart. She is getting where she mimics absolutely everything. She's talking too...probably about 7-10 words including "thank you"...love that. She says momma, but has NO IDEA what it means. Nana means photos...that's what she says when she wants to look at pictures. I guess we spent a bit too much time looking at Nana's photos before we went to Texas...LOL! She says "Dadda" when she is looking at his photo...it will be interesting if she correlates the two when he gets here (although he's lost so much weight, I might not recognise him.) She says, "ba-ba" (bye-bye) and backward waves when she does it. She says "again" when she wants us to turn the Elmo chair back on and "see" when she wants to see something.

This is the perfect time for Ben to be coming home and catching all these changes and the news in that area is that he is officially out of Iraq and on his way home!!! Yippee!!! I heard from him a couple of hours ago...he should be home Saturday morning. And Rita, this week we are all doing Shake Friday together on Saturday...it's been planned! :o)

I made this card yesterday to send to Jacob at camp. It started out as the scrapbook sketch from the post below (just in card form), but I quickly started rearranging the elements and this is what I ended up with. It may not look anything like the original sketch, but it was definitely inspired by it and because of that, I made it easily in 15 minutes. And that's good because that's about all the time that I had to spare to work on it.


Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Lilypad Playland
*Unity Stamp Co. Small Elegance (journey)
*old CTMH stamp (boot)
*Scenic Route papers
*CTMH Cocoa inkpad
*brads
smiles,
Christi

13 comments:

Maria said...

ADORABLE pics!!! so glad to hear DH coming home!! Are you making a far move? Your card is really nice!!

Linsey R said...

Chris, Little Miss is an absolute doll baby! What a lil angel-with that super sweet, big ol' smile! Darling! Makes me smile and feel happy, tfs!! :) hugs

Jennifer Buck said...

Oh how adorable! ...and the card is cute to! She's the cutest thing ever! Hope your move goes well! TFS :)

Ryann said...

You daughter is just the cutest little thing. Soooo cute!!

Jessy said...

Christi!! The pics of your DD are absolutley adorable. Thanks for sharing them. What a special time when they start walking and talking! Too cute! I hope everything goes smoothly with your move. ~Jess (Jexterra)

Kelly said...

Your daughter is so precious!!

Enjoy the shake Saturday!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Oh gosh! She's darling! "Cheesy" smile and all! lol! Her smile totally made my day. Cute card too!

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh my how quickly she is growing
Alison

Crystal said...

I'm so, so glad to hear that Ben is already on his way home! It's going to be a sweet weekend in your part of the country :)) And Kat is so sweet - the talking and walking stage gets better every day. Good luck with restoring order to your home. Take lots of pictures this weekend, okay?!!!

Rita said...

Well, Shake Saturday sounds like the perfect thing to me! :) I am so happy to hear Ben is officially out of Iraq.

Christi, I cannot believe how big Kat is getting. She is too adorable for words. I absolutely love the cheesy smile. And yes, hire that girl out -- she needs to start saving up for the shopping traits she may inherit from you....shoes, scrapbook supplies...it's a possibility, right?? ;)

Hope Jacob had a great week!

Kari said...

She is a doll. SOOOOOOO cute:):)
Kari

Nancy said...

OMGOSH she is adorable, its fun to watch her grow through your blog, Jacob will love the card your made. Glad Ben will be home Saturday. and Good Luck with the packing.

Laura Williams said...

what a CUTIE pie, christi!!! i am so excited that as i type this, your hubby should be HOME SWEET HOME! i hope you are all enjoying some serious snuggle time, and having a FABULOUS time, amidst the boxes, and chaos of getting ready to move!!! Hugs girly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails