Monday, June 09, 2008

Simply Scrapbook Sketch Monday!!!

Good morning everyone! Wow! How is it Monday already?!?! Jacob was home sick all weekend so we didn't get much done. He was still running a low-grade fever this morning (VERY low), but with this being the last few days of school, so he decided to go on to school. He didn't want to miss out on all the fun! I just hope that he doesn't start feeling worse.


Today is the Simple Scrapbook Challenge over on the Unity forum at Splitcoaststampers. This is today's sketch...



I REALLY enjoyed putting this layout together. I am not sure if it was because of the sketch, the subject matter, or my new favorite color combination. But it all flew together so easily and I love the final layout...I love it when the creation process actually works like that! :o)


This layout features one of the photos that Kara took when we were home. If you click on Kara's name, you will be taken to her website and you can view this photo better to see what an amazing photo it is (it's on page 3 of the babies gallery.) The resizing of my layout on here caused a lot of loss on the detail of the photo. I love this photo and I am not sure why, but looking at it just pulls at my heartstrings...Kat's look is almost forlorn--I just want to give her a little hug. She is so serious so much of the time esp. around other people. Anyway, it is simply a fantastic photo!!!
There is tons of Unity Stamp Co. image-work on this layout. The main images are from the June Kit of the Month, Bliss & a Birdie. For that gorgeous oval frame, I colored it with my watercolor pencils and then just blended with water. The yellow background is created using one of the Unity backgrounds, Royal Chandalier.
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company Bliss & a Birdie (June KOM- circles, oval frame, bliss sentiment, birdie, frame detail on title)
*Unity Stamp Company Dotty alphabet (this I colored in with black marker)
*Unity Stamp Company Royal Chandalier background(pattern on yellow cardstock)
*Unity Stamp Company Handmade by: (journaling block)
*Prima flowers
*scalloped marvy uchida circle punches
*K&Company Fresh Paint paper from target (the teal)
*cardstock*StazOn JetBlack inkpad
*CTMH Ocean inkpad
*watercolor pencils (decorative detail on the oval frame)
smiles,
Christi

5 comments:

Alison Bryant said...

Very pretty! ...And I just keep getting hooked more and more on Unity stamps. Hope Jacob gets better. Have a great day!

dianna said...

So beautifully put together~love the colors*!*

Rita said...

How is Jacob feeling? Better I hope! That is such a gorgeous picture (Kara is really so talented -- I've looked through her galleries before!) I can see a lot of Ben in Kat in that photo!

The layout is beautiful -- love that Unity background stamp!

Unknown said...

Something is going around. My little one has been running a low grade fever as well for the last 4 days. Hope Jacob is doing better and didn't miss out on the end of school fun.

love this layout and look how big Kat looks on that rock! WOW

Lori said...

Super cute, I love the color combo! I think I may have to try this sketch, fun, fun fun!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails