Thursday, June 12, 2008

I do have other Stamp Loves...

I know that the blog here lately has been really slanted towards my love of Unity Stamps, but this post today is to let you know that I do try to share my love of stamping among all stamps. ;o)




A couple of months ago, I ordered quite a few sets from Banana Frog. I love my new sets, esp. my Shimelle-designed ones, but I haven't had much of a chance to get them inky. That changed this past weekend!!

The photos on these two layouts are some more of Kara's fabulous photography from when we were home. I am also usually not into papers that are this bright, but I have fallen in love with this Mira line from K&Company...it's gorgeous!!!
For this layout, I used the TakeNote set. These stamps are clear acrylic so it is very easy to create a decorative edge like the one that I did here around the Kraft paper and have it lined up perfectly. I LOVE that about clear acrylic!!
Supplies used:
*Banana Frog Take Note set
*K&Company Mira papers
*StazOn Jet Black inkpad
*Kraft cardstock
*buttons
*Heidi Swapp Chipboard letters
Isn't this photo just the cutest? I tried to stay with a very simple design for this layout.
Look at this gorgeous journaling stamp that is in this Take Note set. I just added brads on the ends to give it a bit of dimension. I also stamped a detail line from Circus Stories around the outside edge of the whole layout just to give it a bit more dimension.
For the butterflies, I stamped the swirl of the bracket on an orange paper and then strategically punched using my butterfly punch.
Supplies used:
*Banana Frog Take Note set
*Banana Frog Circus Stories set
*K&Company Mira papers
*Martha Stewart butterfly punch
*StazOn JetBlack inkpad
*CTMH Autumn Terracotta inkpad
*Colorbox Chalk inkpad
*brads
Finally the card...I love this, but only because I love these stamps so much!!! Look at those cute stamps from Shimelle...the set is called Greenwich Park. Everytime I stamp that little deer, it just makes me happy!

I just hand-wrote the "thanks" sentiment into the stamped oval.
Supplies Used:
*Banana Frog Greenwich Park
*Banana Frog Take Note
*K&Company Mira Papers
*StazOn black inkpad
*Fiskars Threading Water border punch
*ribbon
*white cardstock
I hope that you have fun plans for today. It's Jacob's first official day with no school so we are going out to lunch to celebrate!
smiles,
Christi

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous stuff Christi. I love how you made the frame with the Take Note set.
I'm so glad you enjoy using Banana Frog :-)

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Of course you know I'm into color and I think these pages are georgeous. They have energy!

Anonymous said...

the card is by far my favorite creation of yours ever!

Kelly said...

Beautiful as usual...I love all the color. So bright and fun.

I hope the packing is coming along ok!

Susan Westberg said...

These are so cute - great job Christi!

Unity Stamp Company said...

OH Sure! Sneak this in when my electricity is out! JUST KIDDING! These are stunning and the images are ADORABLE! You are so very talented. I know I SAY THAT ALL THE TIME, but I am just so impressed at your dedication to your talent! Love these projects! 9 days! HOORAY!

Ann(i)e Hafermann said...

OK, you officially ROCK THE STAMPS!!!!
Love it all!!!
xoxoxo

Brooke said...

wow! these are all WONDERFUL!! and that photo of kat.. so precious!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails