Sunday, June 01, 2008

Lots to Share this Morning...

I know that I am not blogging as often as normal right now and unfortunately, I think that is going to be the norm until probably August when we should finally be settled and unpacked at our new home. I just have SO MUCH to do between now and then. Life is simply crazy right now and I know as we get closer and close to Ben being home and the move that it is going to get even more so. But I promise I will try to update as often as I can!


Speaking of Ben being home...we have a date!!! He will be home June 21st! That is the day after our anniversary (#16 this year), but it's also the day that Jacob comes home from Scout camp so it should be a fabulous day all the way around!!! So that puts us at less than three weeks til he is here...have I mentioned that I have so much to do?!?!? It's crazy, but it's a good crazy!


So today I have a bit of Unity Stamp Company sharing to do. Today is the announcement of our new Guest Designer for the month of June...Maren. She's been hanging out on the Splitcoast forum and in the DT area and I am just amazed at her talent. Go over and check out her blog...I promise you will love it.


I think that Angela has said that the release of the new Mini Mix-ups will be today. I cannot wait to get my hands on these fun little stamps!!!



But speaking of getting my hands on some stamps...I got a fun box in the mail yesterday that included the June Stamp Kit of the Month. These will be mailing out on June 15th and I promise you that you will not want to miss out on these cute, cute stamps...you can only get them through the kit club!! Here are a couple of quick cards that I put together last night. There will be more to come in the near future, I promise!

For this card, I used some digital papers that I had printed up a while ago called Canta by Jesse Edwards. This card is on it's way to someone special. :o) Both the frame and the sentiment are from the June Kit of the Month.

This card features some more digital papers, Spring Faire by Katie Pertiet. The fun images seemed to work perfectly with that Once upon a Time... sentiment. The sentiment comes as a corner, but I cut mine apart so that I can make it a straight sentiment like this if I wish. I also used a couple of those gorgeous frames from this kit.

For the sentiment frame, I added a bit of detail by putting a few white dots into it with my White Sharpie.


Finally, this is a card that I did using an inspirational challenge that Shannan posted on Friday.


This card uses the Vintage Accents kit from Unity. I was inspired by the umbrella shapes in the inspirational photo...

hmmmm, doesn't that look just heavenly?!? I am not a shorts/swimsuit kind of gal, but I think that I could make the exception for this.
smiles,
Christi

4 comments:

Maren said...

So excited to be stamping with you this month!! :-)

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the blue/yellow combination in your cards.
Alison

Lisa said...

I can't wait to get my June kit from Unity!

Nancy said...

ooo I'm happy for you that Ben will be home in a few weeks. Good Luck with the move, hope it goes smooth for you.
Love all your cards, they are adorable.
Love Mexico and I can tell you it is beautiful there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails