Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Today is my mother's birthday.


HaPpY BiRtHdAy, MoM!!!

I am waiting right now for the packer's to come and analyze our packing needs for our move...something they never bring enough of, book boxes and picture boxes. We always tell them that they will need tons of these and they never believe us and they ALWAYS run out when they are packing us up. Maybe I will have better luck convincing them today.

So while I wait, I will blog and see if I can get this post written before they arrive. I have a couple more projects to share with you using this month's Kit of the Month, Bliss and a Birdie from Unity Stamp Company. The more that I use this set, the more that I love it. I think that the last day to order these will be the 9th and then they ship out on the 15th. I don't want you to miss out if you are debating it.


This is a layout that I am not sure that I actually would have ever done without the impetus of that little "Don't Cry" stamp, but I am glad that I have now. I think that this is one of those things that Kat will appreciate when she is all grown up...just a little story about her personality at this age.


The journaling says:

"The Story-- Your first time sitting in the little rocking chair that was mine when I was little. At first, you were okay with it- it was your size, but then you moved and it started rocking. Definitely NOT okay anymore. I don't think that I will have to worry about you being a risk-taker. :)"


The title, little bird, circle frame, and title frame are all from this kit. The journaling stamp is from the Recipe card kit.

Supplies Used:
*Unity Stamp Co. June Kit of the Month- Bliss and a Birdie
*Unity Stamp Co. Handmade By kit
*Noteworthy 2 papers
*CTMH Amethyst and Sweet Leaf inkpads
*Buttons
*White cardstock
*Marvy Uchida Scallop circle punches


I also have a new card to share using this kit. I love this stamp because this type of card can be so hard to make, but this stamp is simple and elegant and just perfect. If you look really closely at the swirl below the sentiment, you will notice that there are 3 little birdies that coordinate with the bird stamp from this kit. Angela has promised to make this swirl as a large stamp on it's own. I cannot wait...just imagine that large stamped on the bottom of a layout...gorgeousness! But that means that you will want this kit so that you can have the coordinating bird stamp that's in here!

Supplies Used:
*Unity Stamp Co. June Kit of the Month Bliss and a Birdie
*Fiskars Kimberly Poloson papers
*Lace trim
*buttons
*StazOn Timber Brown inkpad
smiles,
Christi

5 comments:

dianna said...

I LOVE those progressive pics of Kat and how you can watch the uncertainty just creep up on her~
too stinking cute*!*

Hope your packing ordeal is surprisingly pleasant Ma'am~I know you can probably think of about 1000 things that you'd rather be doing. Keep smiling :) *!*

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "Birthday" greeting! Hope your day goes well.
Love ya! MOM

Alison Gibbs said...

I love your Don't Cry page - Kat is such a sweetie.
Happy Birthday to your Mom
Alison

Susan Westberg said...

Great projects Christi! They're beautiful.

Rita said...

HOW cute is that story and layout?? Those photos are so darling Christi! I love this page!

And I know I'm quite late -- but happy belated b-day to your mom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails