Saturday, June 14, 2008

An Inspirational Challenge...

Shannan hosts inspirational challenges every Friday over on the SCS forum. A week ago she posted this photo as inspiration and I looked at it all week long.
When I first started debating about how to interpret this gorgeous photo (I believe it's from Martha Stewart Living.com), I was thinking about why it appeals to me and decided that it was the colors and the warm glow of it. So I sat down planning to only use the colors.
I also knew that I wanted to use one of the new mini sets from Unity so I pulled this set, Batch of Bitty Fun out and started playing with it.
I quickly realized that I was going to end up using the inspiration photo much more literally than I had originally planned. I absolutely never would have come up with this design on my own. I stamped the banner end-to-end for the "porch support" and the paisleys and star flowers randomly for the "foliage."
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company Batch of Bitty Fun kit
*Daisy D's paper (gold)
*Fresh Paint paper (turquoise/teal paper)
*Prima bitty flowers
*brads
*corner rounder
*StazOn Jet Black inkpad
Don't forget that the Random Special #3 ends tonight at midnight CST. It's a fantastic deal so I don't want you to miss out!
I hope that you are having a fun weekend. Jacob leaves for Scout camp in the morning. We have to leave at 5:30 am to get him on his van to the mountains where the scout camp is located. UGH...it's just not right to start the summer off with an alarm clock?!?
smiles,
Christi

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Love how you interptreted it, those stamps are great. Sorry, I am way behind with everyone. Is Ben back soon? Hope everything goes well and your move is "smooth". ((HUGS))
Have been looking for your work in mags here, but haven't found any yet. Any in the pipeline?

Susan Westberg said...

Great job Christi! I never did post the one I made because I didn't use stamps. :( It was totally the warm colors that drew me to it too!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great take on the challenge!!!

Love seeing all your projects!

Related Posts with Thumbnails