Thursday, January 19, 2006

early morning inspirations

altered ambitions
This morning I was awake (with a bit of help from the cat) at 4:00 with layout ideas flowing. I came up with some brilliant ideas...now if I can just get them to work on paper like they do in my head, then I will be doing great. LOL!

I have created a double layout today. Unfortunately, it is not one that I can check off the list of 10 that I need for HOF. This was an assignment for The Scrapbook Magazine, and Wow! I actually have it done a week early?!?! Unheard of in the last 2 months!

It was a much harder thing to do than you would think though. This is just a layout to go in one of the designer galleries of the mag. It didn't have to be anything in particular except for clean-lined, double lo, and sophisticated. When my editor told me about it, she said it would be easy for me because that is my normal style.

The issue is...that is my normal style when I am just creating, but if you tell me that I have to do it that way, then I automatically keep trying to busy-it-up and make it look shabby chic and eclectic. It was the hardest thing today to just create a simple, clean-lined layout (and that is why it took me 6 hours to create--that and the lack of sleep was definitely slowing me down today), but I am happy with it now that it is done.

So how are you doing on the ribbon challenge? I have a new creative prompt today and I know that I haven't finished my ribbon challenge yet, but I really want to combine the two challenges together so I am going to go ahead and post the next one.

Today's creative prompt is an art inspiration challenge. Use this art to inspire your card or layout.
It's your inspiration so pull from it whatever touches you.

I got my DT stuff from Cropper's Cottage today. :D :D Some incredible Heidi Swapp and Sweetwater stuff!!! It's going to be a fun couple of months!!!

smiles,
Christi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails