Thursday, April 17, 2008

Where have I been, you ask???

I did mention to you all how much that I have to do, right? Did you notice anywhere on that list was reading? I thought not. But yet, that is what I have been doing. These are my new obsession.


I made the mistake of picking up the first book, Twilight, while we were in Midland, but I have been so good since I have been back. But then last week, I got stressed and needed an escape and books are the perfect refuge, esp. these! If you haven't read them yet, you simply must (unless you have something else that you need to be getting done!) They are written for teens, but you would never guess that when reading them. I give them two huge thumbs up and am anxiously awaiting the release of the 4th book in August. They are also making a movie out of Twilight to be released in December.


But I have been creating too...I just haven't gotten anything new photographed yet. I have been having so much fun playing with my Unity Stamp Company projects. I will be posting some more of them tomorrow, but in the meantime, here is a card that I made while I was in Midland.


Supplies used:

*Hero Arts stamp and card kit

*Making Memories patterned paper

*StazOn Jet Black inkpad

I hope that you all are having a good week. I plan to do a bit of blog catching up in the next day or so since I have become so behind.

smiles, Christi

6 comments:

Alison Bryant said...

Ah, it's always nice to find a good book or series you can get obsessed with. I'm looking for one myself.

I like the graphics on the card...and I loooove Staz On ink.

Alison Gibbs said...

It is such fun to read something that you enjoy.
Pretty card
Alison

Rita said...

Well, I think you've done it. Every time I go to our grocery store, they have a huge display with these books on it and each time I pick one up...then talk myself out of buying it. I have heard quite a few people rave about these books. I may have to give in and buy it next time!!! And goodness girl -- you are allowed to take a breather and relax sometimes! So keep on reading and don't worry about the other stuff!

Your card is really pretty!

Mary Jo said...

I just finished Twilight a few weeks ago and am going to read the second one soon!
I have a few other books in line first :0)

Lisa said...

I love that card!

Carolyn said...

Ok, first didn't know these books were gear toward teens, but I have been looking at twilight and now seeing your review. I just may have to pick it up.

Very pretty card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails