Tuesday, April 01, 2008

We're Back from Texas- photo heavy

We're finally back and this post is going to be super-photo-heavy, but it's only about 22 of the 350 photos I took while we were at home. I haven't even downloaded Jacob's camera yet. :)

We had a fabulous time. It took Kat a while to warm up to everyone, but that's to be expected as she isn't usually around too many strangers.

The first thing that she warmed up to right away was Brownie, the rocking horse, that sits in my parents' living room.

This is Kat and Jacob on Easter morning.

a thoughtful Kat...

A thoughtful Jacob...

We discovered that she wasn't quite as wary of the guys like she was the girls (my theory on this is that she always has female nurses doing her monthly blood draws which most of her stranger-experience.) This is Uncle Dan and her on Easter morning and I would say from the look on her face that they are watching someone with food. She is a serious mooch...I have a feeling that her first word will be "bite" too just like it was with Jacob.

Instead of a visit from the Easter bunny, my mom created an Easter scavenger hunt for all the kids to participate in...lots of fun rhymes and searching for these three.

Working on a clue....

I'm thinking that Mia has her own ideas about this clue...

Just a pretty photo of my niece Mia and her mommy, Kara.

One night while we were home, we went and watched an acrobatic act called Aeros. My mom took this photo of us while we were waiting for it to start.

I love the loneliness of this photo...

Kara did a photo shoot of the girls (Mia and Kat)in matching dresses and took some amazing photos. I took my camera out too and while my photos don't compare to hers, I just love this photo of Mia.

By the end of the week, Kat was finally letting some of the family hold her. Here she is with Nana.

And here she is with Papa...

A bit of fishing out in the backyard....

An amazing Texas sunset...it was just breathtaking. No one has sunsets like Texas does!

Jacob and Nana...

Dave and I spent a late night discussing photography...

...and he showed me how to do this with my camera! Yay!!! I have hated this camera ever since I got it, but I have a feeling that it was just because I haven't known how to use it right.

I also took this photo that same dewy morning.

At the airport getting ready to say goodbye...


I honestly wasn't sure if we were ever going to get out of Texas once we got to Dallas though...we had a 5 hour delay, but we did finally arrive home at 12:30 am Sunday night/Monday morning.

It's so nice to go home and visit, but it's wonderful to be back in our own space.

I will have some art to share either later today or tomorrow...
smiles,
Christi

11 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What a fun time visiting family. How wonderful for Kat to get to know everyone.
Love that photo - loneliness of kat.
Alison

Theresa said...

Well, you are going to be busy, what a beautiful bunch of photos. I love the one with her PaPa. So glad you had a chance to spend some time with your family. Hope Ben is doing okay.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love all those pictures! Such a fun time to have you here! Sure is quiet now, though. Love ya!

Kelly said...

BEAUTIFUL photos. My favorite is the second one with Jacob kissing Kat. That is absolutely precious!

Rita said...

I've missed you! Glad you made it home safely and that you had a nice time with your family!

You got some fantastic photos -- these are all wonderful!

((HUGS))

Alison Bryant said...

Great pictures! It was so good to see y'all.

Dave said...

Those are some really great pictures. I didn't know what all you guys did during the week, so it's nice to read about.

And of course you had to put up one of those pictures from that night when I was doing those goofy looks. :-)

Amy said...

Welcome home Christi!! Great photos!! Love that one of Kat and Jacob, my favorite!...I do miss Texas looking at your pictures...we were stationed there for awhile, that's where Rob's family is from...can't wait to see your new projects...

Anonymous said...

It was such fun seeing your great photos. I'm glad you had such a happy trip. Ouch regarding the five hour delay in Dallas. I lived there a few years back and am not at all surprised. Now I'm looking forward to seeing your next great art project. There has been so much positive response to the feature I did on you at my blog. EVERYONE LOVES YOUR BOOK!

Welcom home!

Hugs,
Cookie

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Dave acts like he's not making goofy faces ALL the time. But Dave, they are nothing compared to the goofiness of Dan's face! ;) We had such a great visit! I'm missing driving out to the house every day. :(

Carolyn said...

Christi thank you so much for taking me on vacation with you. hee hee Love all the photo's that you took, but one of my favorites is seeing Jacob giving that peck on Kat cheek, too precious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails