Friday, April 25, 2008

Stress begets MORE stress...

You all know the situation with Junior, the cat. He's not doing well. In fact, he may be dying so I am doing everything in my power to keep him happy. One of the things that makes him happy is to sleep with Kat. He doesn't actually sleep with her, he sleeps on the changing table at the end of her bed. There she messes with him, which normally he loves. You all have seen the pictures. He sits there and purrs up until the point where she hurts him and then he will usually give her a warning scratch which is usually the end of it (and let me just state here, that he VERY RARELY actually scratches or hurts her... I would say it's definitely been less than 10 times in the last 11 months of her life.)

Yesterday morning, I had put her in bed. He was asleep on the changing table. She was pretty much asleep when I put her in there so I figured that she would just roll over and go back to sleep. The next thing I knew, she was screaming. He had gotten her...at the time, I didn't know if it was a bite or scratch and quite honestly she was much less dramatic about it then normal so I cleaned it up and didn't worry too much about it.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon, Junior got up from his nap and seemed to be having difficulty breathing so we rushed him into the Vet where he was hospitalized. His respitory infection still is present and giving him issues.

I showed the Vet Kat's hand and she said that it was definitely a bite and that I needed to get her into the emergency room because it was definitely going to get infected (it sounds like most cat bites do.) So we left there in the late afternoon, made a quick swing home to get bottles and pj's on and headed towards the emergency room with Kat.


By the time we got to see a doctor, Kat's hand was looking pretty vicious so the Vet was absolutely correct. So now Kat is on antibiotics. Her hand is looking better today and quite honestly has NEVER seemed to bother her...she is using it just as much as ever.

Now the newest stress is that while there last night, I had to fill out a form that said I had 24 hours to surrender Junior to the base vet for a 10-day quarantine. Do the words "over my dead body" mean anything? He is completely up on his shots, having his own medical issues, and is entirely an indoor cat and I wrote on the form that it would not be happening. So we will see what happens. Unfortunately, I live on a military base and when you live in the military you don't have rights like the rest of the world. I may have a serious battle on my hands over this one, but we will just have to wait and see if they pursue it. I am thinking that it may be a good idea to leave Junior in the hospital over the weekend just as a precaution... can we say STRESS!


Now onto something more pleasant...want to see another buggy card?

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company Buzzin Around kit
*Making Memories papers (available at Target)
*American Crafts ribbon
*buttons
*colored pencils
*K&Company glitter


Oooops, I almost forgot to tell you guys about this week's Unity Stamp Company gift of the week. Go comment on the blog before Tuesday to be eligible for this week's drawing. Everything goes live next week...it's all very exciting!!! Oh, and go take a look at some fun samples using this set on Laura's and Jimmi's blogs (they should be up by the end of the day.)

This is post #499! #500 should be tomorrow...

smiles,
Christi

12 comments:

Picture This said...

Hope Kat is OK, hugs to her. Good luck with the Junior issue, you don't need all that stress.

Kelly said...

What a day! I'm glad her hand doesn't seem to be bothering her. I REALLY hope you don't have to put the cat in quarantine. That would be awful, especially given his situation. I hope you have a better day today. Looking forward to post #500!

The card is too cute!!

Rita said...

Oh Christi -- HUGE hugs my friend! What a lot to deal with! I'm hoping Kat's hand is healing nicely and glad to hear it doesn't seem to bother her. I sure hope things work out with poor Junior too. I'm sorry you have so much stress right now! You are in my thoughts...

Unity Stamp Company said...

WOW....we are thinking of you, Christi! Lots of compassion sent to you. BIG HUGS-Stay positive!

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh poor you.
Too much going on.
Hope Kat is ok and that Junior is doing better.
Alison

Sandy McTier Designs said...

OMgoodness Christi! I am so sorry that you are dealing with that much stress with hubby being gone!
Huge hugs and lots of prayers coming your way my friend!
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Nancy said...

awww poot Kat and Junior. Hope the stress level goes down soon. Good Luck

dianna said...

b r e a t h e .......

Sending happy, non-stressful thoughts your way :)

Carolyn said...

Hug Kat for me! Poor little munchkin. Hope her hand heal without any problems.

Also, poor Junior the Cat, that poor thing has been having a rough time, hopefully over the weekend, he does a turnaround and will be back to his cat self.

Sending you lots of hugs my friend, wish I was closer, to lend a hand to you.

Oh and stand your ground-about the 10 day-hopefully after they figures it's a house cat-they will lift the 10 days.

Jayne said...

Awww, poor Kat and Junior. you certainly don't need the stress. Hope all turns out ok!
smoochies

Jeanne said...

Oh Christi how terrible for Kat and Junior. Hope you can work things out so he doesn't have to go. You know he didn't do it on purpose or anything. {{HUGS}}

Tina said...

Wow, great challenges I will check the other blog and see what I can come up with! I definately need inspriation!

Poor poor kitty! I will be thinking of you and hope you "win" this battle!

Related Posts with Thumbnails