Wednesday, April 09, 2008

It worked....

Just by venting a bit on here yesterday, I was able to sort out all the clutter in my head and was actually able to sit down and focus and create yesterday (and get a ton of other little jobs done around the house that needed to get done.) Thank you all so much for listening and for all your wonderful advice!!!

I managed to complete 3 cards and a layout yesterday. I can't share the cards yet as they are for a magazine assignment, but here is the layout.


These are photos of Kat that I actually took yesterday out in front of our azalea bushes in the yard so they are VERY current. ;)


The main goal of this layout was to use this fun Unity stamp set, Two People in Love. Isn't it fun?


There are lots of little details on this layout that have been inspired by the style of Christine Middlecamp. I just love the detail work that she puts into her layouts!! If you haven't ever gone to her blog, you need to go visit this week. She has a wonderful spring tree that she has made using Pink Paislee which is just gorgeous!


Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Two People in Love Kit
*SEI black polka dot paper
*Autumn Leaves/Rhonna Farrer shaped paper
*Pink Paislee Polka dot paper (pink)
*Heidi Swapp bling
*Prima flowers
*metal flower
*Making Memories flower, butterfly, and mini alpha
*K&Co. Black Glitter alpha and pink glitter
*Zig Writer


I still have 2 more projects to make with this stamp set so you haven't seen the last of it yet.


BTW, can you offer up a little prayer for Junior the cat? He isn't feeling so well and I am really starting to worry about him. Unfortunately, his vet is out of town this week, but we have an appt. next week so I need him to stay strong until then... Thanks!

smiles,
Christi

3 comments:

Rita said...

Yet another beautiful layout of that beautiful little girl! She has the best smile -- and the most amazing blue eyes!

So glad the venting helped -- it usually does!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Chris! Can I pretend those are mine and post them on my webpage? Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Carolyn said...

Girl please sit down and take a breather with a nice warm cup of coffee, and if you must put a dab of something strong in it and relax a bit, and vent all you want to us, that's what we are here for. Believe me I know you are strong then I would be with Ben gone right now. I would be back on that plane toward Texas, until he came back. LOL Ok maybe not, but it sounded good while I was typing it. Actually I just wish I was closer to you to lend a hand. I'm sure you could use an extra hand. Now go around to all the appliances in the household, and let them all know that they are not to breakdown until the Fall if they are even thinking about breaking down. (try to be funny here) HA!

Sending feel better vibes for the cat, hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails