Monday, April 14, 2008

Having fun with the Wild, Wild West...

...the Wild, Wild West stamp set, that is. This is one of the stamps sets that I have been lucky enough to get to play with this week for Unity Stamp Company. Having just finished a trip to Texas, this is not at all what I had planned on doing with this set, but sometimes you just have to follow where your creative muse takes you.

This first project is a layout of me around the age of 1. I was on my way to the rodeo and it sounds like all my aunts (that's my Aunt Marcia with the supporting hands in the background) were having fun putting together my outfit. Is there any doubt where Kat gets her thighs? LOL!
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company Wild West stamp set
*Making Memories Chelsea's Place paper
*Basic Grey Boxer sticker and paper
*Heidi Grace flowers and label sticker
*Theresa Collins journaling block
*StazOn timber brown inkpad
*Heidi Swapp big flower
*Marvy Uchida scallop circle punch (the pink one)


This was a bare chipboard label-holder. I inked it with my red pigment ink and then stamped the stars from the set on top of it.
And a couple of cards....
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company Wild, Wild West stamp set
*Basic Grey Boxer papers and sticker
*brads
*ruffled trim
*Marvy Uchida scallop circle punch
For this card, I was inspired by this Cosmo Cricket paper. It has a very western look to it, but the pinks in it, tend to lend it to creating a more feminine card which is how I ended up with this interesting mix of supplies.
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company Wild, Wild West stamp set
*Cosmo Cricket paper
*Making Memories journaling block and gem brads
*Prima flowers
*lace trim
*rickrack
*StazOn Timber Brown inkpad
*Bazzill
Don't forget to head over to the Unity Stamp Company blog to be eligible for this week's free stamp set!!!
smiles,
Christi

8 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Love what you have created with the Wild Wild West... bits a nd pieces.
Wow Kat sure looks like you - and I don't mean the thighs!!
Have a great week
Alison

Lisa said...

So cute. I can't wait to get a hold of some of those Unity Stamps! I just know once I get them I will be as talented as you! lol

Shalini said...

Beautiful LO, before I started reading I had just assumed that its Kat during her recent trip to the west. You two look quite alike...

Susan Westberg said...

Great stuff Christi! Adorable picture of you. We went to TX last summer so I might have to bribe Angela to use that set for some pictures I have of Brea. :)

Rita said...

I thought that was Kat initially too! Wow -- she does look like you! That is the cutest picture of you Christi -- I love that you do layouts with photos from your childhood.

The stamp set is so great! It would be great for pictures I have from our trips to Arizona!

Carolyn said...

Super cute! You're one cute cowgirl there.

Alison Bryant said...

Love the font on the stamps. Hope your week is going well!

Jayne said...

Holy moley pardner, that wild wild west set is sweet!!!!!!!! Love what you did with it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails