Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hip Hopping with the Sneaks and CHA!!!

We are on day 4 of our Sneak Peeks of the upcoming August kit of the month and glimpses of the new releases that are coming out at CHA from Unity Stamp Co. 
Aren't they all awesome?!?! 
The releases get better and better....
I have NO IDEA how Angela and her amazingly talented artists continue to do it!?! 
Wow!

Today we are Hip Hopping with Miss Melody Ross' gorgeous stylings! 
Whooohooo! 
I just LOVE her designs and was looking at her latest scrapbooking kit, One Precious Life, and felt the NEED to play with that gorgeous bicycle image.


This is another piece of art for Kat's bathroom area like the piece that I designed last week. I had no idea when I bought this kit that I was going to do Kat's whole bathroom design around it, but I am LOVING these pieces!


This piece measures 12x12 and is in a shadow box frame which I love because I do like to get a little dimensional with my art. ;o)

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. One Precious Life
*K&Co. paper (purple base and large b&w polkadots)
*Making Memories ledger paper
*MME paper frame
*Tim Holtz book plate
*7gypsies metal tag
*Making Memories journaling piece and ribbon and brads
*Pink Paislee journaling block
*Bo Bunny brad (pink one)
*calendar block (from ??)
*watercolor pencils
*7grrrls (no longer in business) corner punch
***********
We are also still showing sneak peeks from the upcoming August kit of the month and today's image is my favorite from the kit, so I had to create something with it.

I was trying to channel my inner-Eva when I made this card. Hehe! That girl can rock the shabby chic style!


*sigh* I just love stamp images that incorporate ledger paper-looking backgrounds. I think that they speak to my geek-side that loves to get lost in the office supply store. ;o) It makes for such a romantic image, don't you think? Or am I just a total geek? LOL...maybe you shouldn't answer that!

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. August kit of the month
*October Afternoon Thrift shop paper
*Making Memories flower trim
*Sizzix Die cut
*Fiskars border punch
*KaiserCraft flat-back gem
*Martha Stewart seam binding
*flat back pearls
*pins
*button
*string



Now you need to hop on over to Tanis' blog...










24 comments:

Tanya said...

Fabulous shadowbox-those images look amazing! Great channeling... your card is gorgeous!!

farmhouse-story said...

your wall art is gorgeous!! the birdy is such a sweet image, too!

StampinCathy said...

WOW Christi! Your shadow box art is just awesome! Love all the special touches you added. Your card is fabulous. Thanks for all this amazing eye candy along this hop.

Rachel B said...

AMAZING! I love the framed bike and sentiment and the card is so cool with the bird! Beautiful!

Stampin Cats said...

great cards. I can't wait to see all the great stuff at CHA tomorrow.

stampjourney said...

Love your art piece! So fabulous!

Lillian Child said...

You've really captured the spirit of Melody's designs with your fabulous creation! Just stunning!

NoraAnne said...

Gorgeous projects!!!! Love them both! You did a great job on the shabby chic style-Eva will be proud :)

Lacey said...

AWESOME cards! love them!

CharityHand said...

Awesome! I'm loving that sweet background paper and the ledger bird stamp.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

These are fantastic Christi!!!

Purple Princess said...

Wow! Your work is Stunning!!

Patience said...

I LOVE the framed piece! The colors, the stamps, the papers, LOVE it! :)

FibreJunky said...

I think it is tres romantique...and you're a geek. But I mean that in the best possible way - cuz I'm a total geek myself!

Aleks said...

aww DD is going to have the funkiest bathroom area..ever! :) I love it!

The KOTM card is sooo cute! I love ledger paper too!

Rona said...

wow gorgeous!!!!!!!

Josie0602 said...

Fabulous home decor piece! I love the lavender and the sentiment is one I will have to use myself.

Maria said...

Beautiful! How totally cool is this! Isnt' it fabulous when you can use your stamps for home decor! LOVE that! I need to do more of that!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I love that bicycle too! I also love your metal frame around your dream!! LOOOOVE that:) I just love that bird and graphed line design!! SUPER CUTE:) What a fab card! UNITY is the BEST:) Love visiting here for Unity inspiration:)

Kimberly S. said...

OMGosh!! These are adorable!!! I particularly LOVE the bike and basket of flowers!! SUPER cute!! I love that vintage look!! Awesome job!!

Linda said...

Christi

your bike card is just full of fun colors. I love that purple paper.

Erika M. said...

Your cards are awesome!

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Your cards are fantastic! Yes, I'm a geek too . . . we went to Office Depot today and I had so much fun!! sad, but true . . . I just love looking around!

Melissa said...

Amazing cards!! The details so incredibly beautiful!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails