Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hip HOp!!!

Hiya there, Unity Peeps!
It is Hip Hop day and I am so excited to be saying that because at long-last (and after 7 VERY LONG weeks!) my stamp room is unpacked and functioning for me!!! 
YIPPEE!!! 
Creative relief...at last!
I will be showing photos soon, but not yet because it is NOT completely decorated yet. ;o)

Speaking of decorating...wanna see this week's project?
I am so excited about this one!
Kat's bedroom and adjoining bathroom in our new house is a cacophony of pinks and purples. 
The bathroom is actually three rooms... a private vanity area for her (painted one of those shades of pink/purple- a very bright one), a public vanity area (a more neutral color), and the two areas are adjoined by the toilet/shower room (also neutral).

I have been trying to tie the three rooms together with the decor without being over the top with the pink/purples in the two rooms that are the more public rooms.
Solution- ART!


This is an art piece using that GORGEOUS new Melody Ross scrapbooking kit, One Precious Life. The piece measures 6x12. (The frame was originally a sports team frame.) What I love about this is that it can stand or hang on the wall for versatility esp. since I haven't decided exactly which I want to do with it.

That dream catcher girl stamp just makes my heart go pitter-pat. I think that I need a piece of art featuring her in every room in the house. ;o)


Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co./Melody Ross- One Precious Life scrapbooking kit
*Pink Paislee paper collection
*StazOn Jet black ink pad
*Martha Stewart border punch
*black buttons
*Fiskars scallop border punch

Now you need to hop on over to the ever-talented Tanis' blog









34 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Wonderfully dimensional project!

Angie Blom said...

Oh you must be so happy to have it unpacked.. Can't wait to see the photo's.. I am loving this piece of Art Christi.. it is going to look fantastic anywhere you hang it. One lucky girl to have all those rooms.. talk about never leaving home.. Oh, I hope you have beds now!! Xx

JessicaK said...

welcome home Christi! and lovely lovely job with this decoration.

Unknown said...

Goodness me, that is stunning! So beautiful.

StampinCathy said...

Glade your craft room is together. This frame art is just beautiful and love the colors.

Rachel B said...

Beautiful framed Unity! Love it. Can't wait to see your new craft room. I hope it is everything you ever wanted in a craft room.

Rae C. said...

Gorgeous picture--sounds fun to be decorating, and fussing with color schemes, furniture arrangements, etc. That's the best part of new spaces and/or moving!

farmhouse-story said...

sounds like the new house is starting to feel like a home!

your project so just so creative and darling at the same time,christi:)

NoraAnne said...

This is gorgeous, just a wonderful piece of art and I'm sure it will work great in your new home!

JenMarie said...

Absolutely lovely!

Anonymous said...

SO happy to hear the most important room is complete. You can trip over boxes in the bedrooms as long as the stamps are acessible :)
LOVE this frame. I need to get her inky!

lana said...

That is absolutely gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

Nikki said...

Adorable artwork!! Great work!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... what a gorgeous piece of art!!!

lisa a.

Unknown said...

so beautiful, love it.

Kimberly S. said...

Oooooo...LOVE this!!! I love this whole stamp set as well!! Beautiful, elegant, vintage....gotta have it!!

Teri Barefoot said...

love your art work

thanks,
Teri

Martha galvez said...

Very Cute, love the hint of pink!!! Great Job.

Margaret de Witt said...

This is a beautiful set. I have been debating buying it since it came out.

Kimmarie Baker said...

I love that you created such a pretty piece of art!

Suz said...

awesome art - I bought that set & you really inspired me to try something different with it.

Can't wait to see your craft room when finished.

Kimmarie Baker said...

I love that you created such a pretty piece of art!

Heather said...

Fabulously detailed project! Love the inspiration behind this!

Maria said...

Oh so fabulous! That's great you are set up in your stamp room and how cool Kat has her own vanity room, she will need it! LOL!

Mary Friederichsen said...

Love your project Christi!
And congratulations on getting unpacked and your creative space back!
Can't wait to see what comes out of it!!
Hugs!

Mary Friederichsen said...

Love your project Christi!
And congratulations on getting unpacked and your creative space back!
Can't wait to see what comes out of it!!
Hugs!

JenniferOSteen said...

I love seeing paper crafting used in other ways especially as life solutions like this one! Great post!

Aleks said...

Oh that is such a great idea! I love how it turned out! I need these stamps...do I really say that every time?? ha!

Michelle said...

gorgeous!

Lisa said...

OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo! Love this!!! How wonderful!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW!!! This is GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely gorgeous.... I can't wait to see pictures of where u decide to put it!!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

kim.mom said...

WOW!! Love that vintage look!

The Queen said...

Love you picture and to think you did it buy scrapbooking..
Colors are some of my fave and you gotta love LIFE...

The Scrapbooking Queen

Related Posts with Thumbnails