Thursday, October 30, 2008

Holiday Hip Hop!!!

Good Hip-Hopping Morning!!! Lots of gorgeous new releases to share from Unity Stamp Company with you. They are releasing 5 new singles today! Each and every one of them is gorgeous and so my style! LOVE that!

I hope that you have come here from AJ's gorgeous blog. If not, you need to get your hop started right by heading over to Angela's Unity blog and see what the details for the day are. I hear that there is some fun stuff happening today so you don't want to miss it.





For this first card, I swiped Amber's gorgeous sketch that she created for the Monday Challenge gals (AJ, Amber, Maren, Brooke, and Jen Buck.) I was inspired by a shirt that Kat was wearing for my color scheme (hint: if you think that this little deer is cute, you are going to LOVE Unity's November kit! ;o)




I colored my stamped images with watercolor pencils. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten the tutorial that I owe you on those...maybe I will manage to get that up by tomorrow for you.






I then added bits of white glitter to add some of that holiday sparkle.
{totally off-topic: the other day Amy was over here stamping and created the cutest little cupcake card using one of Amber's other sketches. When I started this card, I was totally going to lift her card because I LOVED the papers she used and everything, but that is the way that my Creative Muse works...she has her own agenda! LOL! But if you get a chance, go check out Amy's card...it will definitely inspire you...esp. her detailed paper-piecing on those cupcakes...WOW!}


Supplies Used:
*Unity Stamp Company US-535A Stocking of Elegance (new release)
*Unity Stamp Company US-534A Tree of Elegance (new release)
*prisma glitter
*Bazzill Cardstock
*Jet Black StazOn
*Watercolor pencils
*glue pen
*Martha Stewart border punch
*Marvy Uchida Oval scallop punch
*white brads

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company US-533A Trinity Trio
*prisma glitter
*glue pen
*Bazzill Cardstock
*Martha Stewart border punch
*ribbon from Hobby Lobby
*American Crafts brads
*watercolor pencils



Now you need to hop on over to Sarah's gorgeous blog....

67 comments:

Watt-Hayes Family said...

So cute! Love the Colors, and that deer is so CUTE!

Kerry said...

The colors on these cards are great!

Lindsay Spencer said...

Darling cards, new releases are always so fun. These ones are great!

Tanis said...

SUPER CARDS!!! I love those trees.....

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful Christi!!

Patter Cross said...

Love the colors you used. Just awesome!

Alison H said...

Love the colors on your cards and that deer is tooooo cute!

Gretchen said...

I just love your colors together! Awesome cards!

Ramsey said...

Great cards! Cute shirt ;)!

StampinCathy said...

All your projects are just amazing and so inspiring. You have some hip hop MOJO!

Anonymous said...

Love your colors this week; and, I love those 3 trees!!!

Jenn said...

great color combos!

Julie said...

Just gorgeous!!!

Nicole said...

Gorgeous cards...love the color combos!

Ashley Newell said...

I love the cards Christi! Your colors are fabulous. They were my wedding colors!

Jennifer Buck said...

LOVE these, Christi! :)

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

AWESOME colors Christi! Hip Hop!

Tink said...

Beautiful cards! I love all the colors!

Stampin Cats said...

Love the applique. That is jist awesome.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors!

Sherry Campbell said...

Christi- your cards are sooo fabulous! Those colors are great- especially the one with the trees- I love the black and white element on it!! Great job with the new stamps!

JazzyH said...

Beautiful. I love the colors

Heather said...

Christi your cards are FAB and I love the colors!! FANTASTIC!!

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

WOW, Christi!! Love the colors, and your watercoloring is FAB!! Gorgeous cards!

Cat Tidwell said...

Beautiful Christi! I love the non=traditional colors you have used!

Anonymous said...

Really gorgeous, Christie! Love all of your cards!
~Chelsea
http://hapemome.blogspot.com

Tracey said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards!! Love the colours!

Scrapycandy said...

Love how you used the Tree of Elegance...I needed that inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Super projects!! Your coloring is fantastic!

Jessy said...

Christi- I just LOVE your projects, all the time!! These two cards are just GORGEOUS, the colors are amazing and different for holiday cards. LOVE it!!! :)

Candace H said...

These cards are fabulous (love the colors and coloring)!! Hip Hop Boo and a big Thank You!

Purple Princess said...

Love the colors and the border punch is awesome!!

Amy said...

I love what you ended up doing with these!! Wow so awesome!!

Char said...

Great job on the colors! The cards are beautiful!

Amber said...

Christi these are so beautiful! The colors are gorgeous!

Melissa said...

What great colors!

Tiff said...

OMG....LOVE that ribbon from Hobby Lobby!!!! We don't have a Hobby Lobby here, do you think I'd be able to find some at mike's or Joannes?

Unknown said...

love the non traditional colors! what fun!

Eva said...

Fabulous cards and I just love the November kit!

Lorraine said...

Your cards are very elegant and beautiful!

Jackie said...

Wow I love what you created for today, everything is wonderful! I think that shirt is adorable! Love it!

Ravengirl said...

I love the color scheme. I also find inspiration in my 2 year old' clothing! I think when she gets older, I will have to scan Gymboree shops!

Michelle said...

gorgeous cards!! very pretty...

Kelly said...

Beautiful cards. I'm loving these new xmas stamps!

Lee said...

Such fabulous cards and beautiful attention to detail!! Yes, that little deer is just darling!!

Stephanie said...

That deer is a cutie!! Great cards!

JenMarie said...

LOVE your colors!

Betty J Schaub said...

Christi your cards are sooo cute. "Garner your inspiration from wherever!" that's my motto!

Thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these cards! So my style and my FAV colors too!!!

Joy said...

these are amazing! HIP HOP TILL YOU CAN"T STOP!

Robin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the color combos!!!

Unknown said...

Stunning work - just fabulous cards! :)

Rachel said...

so cute! Love the NOV KOTM!

Wendy said...

i so totally love the nontraditional colors for these christmas cards. it is so much fun!!

Paula Laird said...

OMGosh! I love the colors and coloring! Amazing!

Katie Cotton said...

LOVE the colors you chose!

Sandra Smart said...

such pretty cards...love the sparkling trees!

9kids said...

Love the nontraditional colors ~ TFS!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christi!! I LOVE YOUR CARDS!!! They're so non-traditionally Xmassy, iykwim. LOL!! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Angela said...

Love your coloring... and that deer is darling!

Melanie said...

Jaw-dropping GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! Can I come play in your craft room with your gorgeous papers!? Maybe some of your huge talent will rub off on me!! :) TFS!!!

KSinMT said...

Can't wait for that tutorial!! these are great! Kathy

cathy said...

I love the colors you used and your coloring is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so Christmas is coming fast this year. I may have to be ordering some of the new stamps to get my cards started.

Saxontoy said...

love the colors of your tree card, the black pink and orange really make the card pop. Nicely done.

Rita said...

Beautiful cards as always Christi -- I love these stamps and that border punch is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi!!! alteredambitions.blogspot.com is one of the most excellent resourceful websites of its kind. I take advantage of reading it every day. All the best.

Related Posts with Thumbnails