Sunday, October 05, 2008

The Day After...

Well yesterday was a blast...all the way around. But first, I know you all want to know who won my blog candy. I had a very cute little assistant to help me with the drawing...

And she pulled out....

arlsmom aka Lynda said...
Happy WCMD to you Christi!
5:18 PM
Congratulations, Lynda!!! Email me (snowchris_01@yahoo.com) your shipping info and I will pass it onto Unity so that they can get your stamp out to you.

I don't know if you noticed it in Friday's post, but I was pretty happy about all my swiss dotty paper that I created when Amy was here with her Cuttlebug. I showed it to DH all spread out and my photo of it. He noticed my pretty dots on my card that I loaded yesterday morning (after I proudly pointed them out.) I honestly was just really happy about them.

So yesterday afternoon DH came home with this...


He said that anything that made me that happy should be a tool that I own. Can you believe that?!?! OMG...what a guy and let me tell you, he had no idea what it even was. He went to Archivers asking for the thing that made the pressed dots. The wonderful lady there told him that they had a tool that did something similar, but what he wanted was the Cuttlebug and that he could get it across the street at Hobby Lobby...talk about customer service...WOW!!! (BTW, DH has already said that I get a gift card from there for Christmas because their customer service was so great...Yippee!!!) So, can you see the glare off my grin from where you are sitting?? I am so darn excited!!!

And now for the cards...with yesterday being World Cardmaking Day, I actually made cards...4 of them, in fact. I am only gonna share a couple of them today and then I will share the others tomorrow.
All of the cards were done for various SplitCoastStamper challenges. This first one was to CASE (lift) a card by SherryLc05. Here is the link to the card of hers that I lifted. And here is my card:


Supplies used:
*Unity STamp Co. Love Builds a Home
*Sassafras Lass papers
*Fresh Paint paper from Target (patterned teal)
*6x12 Scalloped Bazzill
*ribbon
*watercolor pencils
*StazOn Jet Black
*Martha Stewart border punch
*corner rounder

The challenge f0r this second card was to create a flower from nested circles. I still had all the papers out from the earlier card so I just used them again for this. Notice the gorgeously embossed section in the center thanks to my new Cuttlebug! ;o)


Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Greatest of Friends
*Unity Stamp Co. Floral Fantastical
*Sassafras Lass papers
*Fresh Paint papers
*Cuttlebug Embossing folder
*Various punches
*Watercolor pencils
*StazOn Jet Black inkpad
*CTMH Breeze inkpad
*cardstock
*old dictionary paper

I hope you are all having a fun weekend!!!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

How SWEET of your hubby! Have fun with your new toy, I truly love mine!

StampinCathy said...

Congrats to the winner.
WOW it's amazing when husbands really listen and you think their not. WOW what a sweetie for your DH to do all that for you. I bet we will be seeing a lot of the cuttlebug in your future cards. Love the beautiful card.

Sue Jones said...

I need your Wonderful Hubby to give mine lessons...Really Happy for you :)

Anonymous said...

When did Kat turn so blonde?

Anonymous said...

3 cheers for DH -- maybe even votes for Husband of the Year!!!

Kelly said...

Awww, that was so incredibly sweet of your husband!! Enjoy that Cuttlebug!!

Katie Cotton said...

woohoo what a great hubby. Mine just tells me to go buy a crafty thing for myself. he doesnt like to do any of the work. haha.

Anonymous said...

Big congrats on your new gift - pretty good thinking on your DH's part!

Kathy H said...

Ah what a cut elittle sweetie pie..and you DH he is sweet too..

dianna said...

What a Hubby*!*
Love that cheery yellow card :)

Amber Hight said...

Oh yeah, Ben is a keeper! What a sweet guy to do that for you!
Kat is looking as precious as ever! Her big ole smile is PRECIOUS! Loving your cards too!

jo said...

Send Ben my way please Christi!

Kat is starting to look so grown up, bless her!

Amy said...

That is soooo sweet!!! and Love how your cards turned out and those pics of Kat! Congrats to Lynda!

Karen said...

congratulations on your 'cuttlebug'!! the embossed papers add so much to your beautiful cards!! what an awesome dh!!

Rita said...

Oh my Kat is ADORABLE! Love these photos! And wow -- could Ben be any sweeter??? That is a great hubby you have Christi! Does he teach classes to other husbands? LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails