Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fun News...

Hi, everyone!!! I have some fun news to share today...a couple of weeks ago while blog-hopping, I came across a really awesome sketch site, Creatively Yours. They just happened to also be doing a Guest DT search for November so I decided to try out. To tryout for the spot, you had to create two cards using this sketch by Noella. I love the sketches on this site as they have all those little details that I just love and my two cards are some of my favorite cards that I have ever made.
**************************************************
Here is the first:



Card 1- I've Been Thinking...

supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company Oct. Kit- Thinking about the Good Times
*watercolor pencils
*Fancy Pants paper
*Rhonna Farrer paper
*Foofala paper
*old dictionary paper
*Marvy Uchida scallop circle punch
*Prima flowers
*Making Memories flowers and medium brads
*ribbon
*corner rounder
*************************************************
And the second:
Card 2- Became a Butterfly

supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company August kit, Remember Happiness (butterflies)
*Unity Stamp Company Becoming Butterfly (quote)
*Unity Stamp Company Everlasting Romance (swirl in corner)
*Basic Grey paper
*K&Company die cut paper
*7gypsies paper (navy)
*eyelet
*watercolor pencils
*glitter
*corner rounder
Luckily, I have made it to the second round of this contest. Now, myself and 8 other finalists will receive a layout sketch and have a go at that to see if we can become one of the 2 guest designers. And a shout-out to the very talented Jacquie who is also a finalist and Unity gal...it would be awesome if we were the ones that got the 2 spots.Wish us luck....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh exciting, Christi! Your cards are gorgeous, I'm sure you stand a great chance. :) I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for ya. :)

Jacqueline said...

Oh wow Christi your other card is gorgeous!!!I love that one too!
Thank you so much for the shout out! I should post my other card too now that the round is over!
Hugs!

Kelly said...

BEAUTIFUL!! You've totally turned me onto the watercolor pencils. I definitely will get some.

Michelle said...

Christi...WOW! Both of thos cards are stunning! I LOVE them. Congrats & good luck to you!

Alison Bryant said...

Congratulations! Here's hoping you make it all the way through. If not, they're blind. =)

Kerry said...

These cards are both so fabulous! I absolutely love the colors and stamps you used on the butterfly card...so pretty!

Catherine said...

both cards are just gorgeous!

specialcraftmom4 said...

gorgeous cards!!!! Great job (:

Amy said...

I so knew you would win! Those cards are boootiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails