Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Chilly days....

Is it getting colder where you are? I am not sure that I am quite ready for this cold weather yet. *yikes!*

I have been a bit quieter than normal because my Mom is in town so we are having lots of fun girl time. Today is shopping day! :o)


Just a quick share for you today. I challenged myself to do some cards using a kit from Unity that hasn't seen a whole lot of ink, Vintage Accents, and did some fast easy cards with it. The stamps in this kit have a lot of versatility esp. when it comes to creating more masculine cards.

I used the Basic Grey Offbeat papers for all of these cards. For this one, I colored the flower with water-based marker and simply used the paper design to dictate the design of the card. Very simple...

For this card, I wanted to feature the cute little birds that were in the papers so I cut them out and mounted them to one of the stamped squares. For further detail on the square, I added the little sunburst details to the sides and added the brads. Again, super-simple and quick!

This card was probably the most in-depth of all the cards that I created in this grouping. That being said though, this still probably only has a difficulty level of 2 on a scale of 1-5 (1 being easy, 5 being hard) so we still aren't talking about more than about 20 minutes to create. I used white StazOn to stamp onto the Kraft paper and create the background design. The fleur-de-lis is cut out and pop-dotted onto the square.
Supplies used:
*Unity stamp Co. Vintage Accents
*Basic Grey Offbeat
*Martha Stewart twill ribbon
*eyelet trim
*MM mini alpha stickers
*white StazOn
*Bazzill Kraft
*brown inkpad

3 comments:

Rita said...

Christi -- WOW! These cards are amazing! Really...I love each of them so much! That kit has some cute stamps in it.

Enjoy visiting with your mom -- I'm so happy for you to have time with her (and it's making me miss my mom even more! sigh...)

((HUGS))

Jenn said...

Great cards, love the bird one!

Amy said...

These are all awesome! I love those little birdies! Hope you have fun shopping with your mom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails