Monday, October 13, 2008

Day Out at the Park...

It does not matter how slowly you go
so long as you do not stop.
~Confucius
This weekend was gorgeous here so we decided to spend one afternoon out at the park. Shortly after we got there, my memory card on my camera was full and my battery was low so I felt like I didn't get to take that many photos although when I got home, I had over 60 so I guess that I did okay. Here are a few of the better/more fun ones...
This was one of the first photos that I took when we got there. You would think from the looks on the kids' faces that we had just arrived at the Dentist's office, not the park. LOL! Kat was really ready for a nap (although it was too late in the day for her to take one and Jacob has just spent too many of his 13 years hamming it up for the sake of my photography.)
Jacob's attitude about my photography quickly improved though, because right before this photo he knocked over my coffee cup with the football so he was trying to make up for the fact that my beloved coffee was soaking into the ground and not my bloodstream...LOL!
This is the view of Kat as she was watching her big brother hanging off the side of the caboose trying to figure out how she was going to do it. She is going to be my little adventurer...
We were at a little town park in the town that Jacob goes to school...in fact, this park is right across from his school and it's just beautiful. It has tons of huge trees, lots of open spaces, and an old railroad depot that they have kept up really nicely...including this great caboose.
The guys played football....
While Kat and I played on the swings.
Kat loves to be in the middle of everything esp. if it involves any food or drinks, and she is always willing to help. Jacob has quickly learned to hide the fact that he is eating if he wants to eat all of his snack by himself.
This park had all the classic playground equipment. How long has it been since you have seen a merry-go-round in a playground. These 3 had a blast on this one...I just kept screaming at them not to let go of her so that she didn't go sailing off of it.
Ben quickly discovered that slides don't work when you weigh 165 lbs...It was more of a scooch than a slide. LOL! It was a really fun day out at the park.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day for your family! What great pictures -- would love to see you in some of them, too!

Anonymous said...

That seems like such a relaxing day. I'm glad you guys are committed to doing things like that as a family. I think our world would be so much better off if others did the same things.

Amy said...

LOL...yeah I think 60 pictures is pretty good...I love that park. Lots of great shade! see you in the am!

Unknown said...

i think i may have been to that park before! looks like you had a great time -- i wondered at first if you went to the museum of transportation in st. louis, then you mentioned it being a local park...

Alison Bryant said...

How fun! Glad y'all had a great day.

Kelly said...

Don't you just love days like that?? Now that you mention it you really DON'T see merry go rounds too much....we have a couple here in town. You never see teeter-totters either which were always my favorite when I was little.

Great pictures!!

Rita said...

Looks like a great family day in the park! Love your fun photos!

Mary Jo said...

How fun!
So amazing how big our girls are getting :0)

Alison Gibbs said...

Christi I have been away and missed reading heaps of your posts so am catching up and I am loving the 'new look' of your blog.
What a fun time you all had at the park
Alison

Karen said...

Great pictures!! I do agree with your mom!! Hand the camera over to someone, would love to see pics of you with your family!!

Tina said...

What a great day it looks like! I bet you have more great shots that we haven't seen! Those were great! Long time, just wanted to drop by and say miss you!

Kim Mraz said...

YOur pictures are fabulous Christi! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails