Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lifting Thoughts...

For the last Paper Makeup Stamp release, Shaela designed some adorable corset stamps, aptly named Oo La La, and I finally got the chance to get one of them inky!


For this card design, I combined two challenges...
*the Makeup 4 the Weekend PMS challenge #24 which was to use 5 embellishments.

My embellishments were:
1. ribbon bit
2. button
3, 4, 5. brads


I used watercolor pencils to coordinate my corset colors with those gorgeous new Pink Paislee papers (Amy will have these available in her store soon!)


Supplies used:
*Paper Makeup Stamps Oo La La
*Pink Paislee paper collection and die cuts
*watercolor pencils
*StazOn Jet black ink pad
*brads
*button
*ribbon

BTW, you may want to keep an eye out...
 I hear that there may be something fun happening over at PMS on Earth Day.




7 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is one adorable card. Love the image and that sentiment. This card would lift anyone up.

Danni said...

Love the colors you used! Great card!

SharonS said...

Hi Christi, That card is just so cute! I love this stamp set (I'm pretty sure I *need* it lol) and wondered if you could answer a question for me. I've not used this type of stamp, only acrylic. Can you use these stamps with acrylic blocks? The website says they'll be available in EZ Mount. Any info would be so helpful! TIA

Christi said...

Sharon, these are a red rubber stamps mounted on EZMount. The EZMount has a backing which clings to your acrylic blocks and makes them work just like the acrylic stamps that you are used to. Personally, I love the EZMount because it doesn't seem to lose it's stickiness like acrylic stamps do (note: this is a cling so it does not feel sticky...think cling wrap and the way that works.)

You can also get them without EZMount (although it looks like this set is out of stock right now in that option) for a bit cheaper, but the ease of using the EZMount, definitely makes the little bit higher price worth it.

I hope that answered your question!
smiles,
Christi

Lindsay Spencer said...

This card is so cute! I love that image.

Amy said...

I so love that stamp set..I've had my eye on it for a while...have to wait just a little bit though!..thanks for the plug, you're the best!

Jana said...

This is darling. Love that corset. Those colors are perfect.

Related Posts with Thumbnails