Saturday, September 27, 2008

Getting Sketchy...

I have several projects to share with you this weekend and all of them have been inspired by all the various sketches that you can find online. I am continually amazed by how much inspiration can be found online (you just have to get off every once in a while to put them into action.) ;o)

This first project is based on a layout sketch from Create My Keepsake, one of their Sketchy Formulas which are posted every Friday.


This photo was taken of the kids the day that we visited the St. Louis Arch back in July. They are looking at the ducks in the park at the base of the Arch.

Supplies used:

*PinkPaislee papers

*Chatterbox paper (black polkadot)

*Scenic route papers (stripe and red)

*old dictionary paper

*Martha Stewart border punch

*Marvy uchida scallop circle punch
*Fancy Pants embellishment
*American crafts glitter thicker and black brads
*Zig Writer
*Inkadinkado stamp
*Prima flowers


*****************************************************


My second projects are 2 cards that I have created using the last two Jacksonbelle Embellishment sketches for their sketch contest this month.
This is the card from the 3rd sketch of the month. I used the spider out of the Inkadinkado Patterned Bugs stamp set.

Supplies used:
*Inkadinkado Patterned bugs stamp set
*Scenic Route paper kit
*white sharpie (detail on the spiders)
*Fiskars Threading Water border punch
*black inkpad
*black brads
This card was for the final sketch of the month and uses the Inkadinkado Birds Galore stamp set. I stamped the bird before I decided what papers to use and then had to figure out a way to pull the blue into these papers. I did that by using the tail flowers from another of the stamps in the set and stamping the mat for the bird using the green, blue, and red and my waterbased markers. I also added just a bit of glitter bling to the details on the bird.

Supplies used:
*Inkadinkado Birds Galore set
*Scenic Route papers
*Zig Writers
*Colorboxblue inkpad
*glitter
*crochet trim
*Martha Stewart border punch
*corner rounder

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I check your blog also

love dad

Christi said...

Thanks, Daddy! I love You!

Anonymous said...

I do too!

I mean I also check your blog.

Not that I don't love dad; that just wasn't the point of my comment.

Okay, I better say it now: I love dad too!

Christi said...

Dave, you're cracking me up! smiles...

Rita said...

Oh....now I see why I never get anything done...I'm supposed to get OFF the computer???? hee hee...

LOVE these projects -- I'm so glad you post the close ups because the close up of that final card in particular really shows the rich color and detail -- I love it!

The photo of Kat & Jacob on that layout is just precious. And your journaling is so sweet.

(I feel guilty commenting on this post -- like I'm butting in to your family discussion...LOL!)

Anonymous said...

Just want to welcome Rita into the family -- any time you want to participate w/this crazy group, join right in! (I guess Christi won't mind??)

Rita said...

Thanks for the invite to join the family! :) I'm honored -- I already feel like Christi is somehow my long lost sister at times.... ;)

Christi said...

Yay Rita! Welcome to the family!!! smiles...

Brooke said...

wow! you've been BUSY!! love your layout... awesome! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails