Friday, September 05, 2008

Fabulous Friday!

Hello Everyone! It's a fabulous Friday...also known as Shake Friday. Did you know that we are still doing those? I am not sure if I mentioned it before, but yes, we still continue the Shake Friday tradition. That used to mean a trip to Coldstone Creamery for a Love It Oh Fudge Shake, until I realized that that single shake was 40 WW points. OMG!?!? It's good, but I am not so sure that it falls under two-whole-days-worth-of-points good. Holy Cow! So now we go to Wendy's where I can get a 7 point Frosty...and it's almost as good.


And speaking of things that I NEVER should have discovered...have you ever tried Candy Corn with Salted, Roasted Peanuts?


I got to meet Amy (i.e. CaffinatedCropper) this week and she brought me a little jar of this amazing snack. I now call her the Devil's Spawn...just kidding, she is really incredibly sweet and so is this snack!! And the best (or it could actually be the worst) thing about it...no mess on your hands so you can eat it while you craft! And if you can keep from eating it all in one sitting, it looks good sitting around in little jars for Fall. Try it...you'll love it!


I have just one quick card to share today. The cardmaking challenge over on Splitcoast was to make a card featuring a coffee theme with the color orange. This is what I came up with.



Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Small Elegance (cup)
*Unity Stamp Co. Sentiments O' Simple (relax)
*Foofala paper (black & white)
*Fancy Pants paper ( bright pink)
*Rhonna Farrer paper (orange with the cup)
*Prima paper (orange & pink at the bottom)
*Threading Water border punch (Fiskars)
*StazOn Jet Black inkpad

There is some fun Unity prizes over on the Tinkering Ink blog today so you may want to take a look and register to win!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Well ya gotta know I love the card, duh it has a coffee cup on it...and the only benefit of the snack mix is that candy corn is seasonal..LOL..so by the end of October you won't be able to make it until next year...unless of course you hit the after halloween sales and stock up on candy corn...mwaaaaahaaahaaahaaahaaa
-devil's spawn

Karen said...

Love your Card, great papers! And doesn't the candy corn and peanuts taste like a Salted Nut Roll?!! Yummy treat!

Carolyn said...

LOL!
You have discovered sweet & salt mix. But let's talk a minute about "Stone Cold" this place is one of my favorites, and I might head out there today, okay that isn't what I was going to say. LOL I was going to say I am hooked on the Grand Slam of theirs. OMG it's so Yummy! But Don is addicted to the shakes there. Sorry to hear they aren't WW friendly, but sometime we just need to live a little and enjoy our comfy foods a bit. It make our souls happy.
Oh you lucky gal for have the chance to meet Amy. I am sure you two hit it off nicely.

Rita said...

What a pretty card -- and oh my goodness that snack sounds yummy! How dare you share it on your blog! LOL

I also just discovered that there is such a thing as Caramel Apple flavored candy corn -- and that is certainly NOT a good thing for me! I love all things caramel.

I'm sure Amy LOVES her new name...LOL!

Tasha Hickert said...

Just found your site and enjoying all your creations. I had to laugh, though, about the snack mix because that was a fall standard at my great aunt's house when I was little (ie 30 years ago). We always considered it an "old lady" treat, but I guess now I fit that category! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails