Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wisdom for Wednesday...

...okay, there actually won't be any real wisdom to this post. I was just looking for a fun W word for my title and it seemed like a good one. :o)


I have a couple of things to share with you stamping-wise (see I have already used a wisdom word) today. My first project was a card that I made for a card swap over on the Unity board. It's been ages since I did a swap and I really wanted to do a fun card. I ended up with a collage-styled card which is always hard for me to be pleased with the results...I never can decide if I have gone too far with my collaged elements or not far enough...so you all can judge it on your own.


Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. August KOM (frame, quote, swirls in punched circles, dandelions)
*Unity Stamp Co. Worn Polkadot Alpha
*Scenic Route paper
*CTMH Cranberry inkpad
*StazOn brown and black inkpads
*white sharpie
*old dictionary paper (best 25 cent book purchase I ever made!!!)
*Martha Stewart butterfly punch and flat-back gems
*Marvy Uchida small scallop circle punch



My second project to share with you today is a card that I have worked and reworked for several days now. At this point, it is time to just move on to other projects...LOL! This is a card that I started out making because I was inspired by last week's SCS sketch (yes, the one that was posted LAST Wednesday...ugh!) and my new September KOM. I love this kit and have been inspired so much by it...don't judge it by just this card. I have several projects to share tomorrow that use it and show its potential much better.

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Sept KOM (sentiment, tree, journaling block)
*Daisy D's papers
*Prima leaves
*buttons
*Martha Stewart edge punch (end of sentiment)
*brown inkpad
*Zig writers

And Don't forget...tomorrow is the Unity Hip-Hop...here is a copy of Angela's announcement about what is to come...FUN STUFF!!


We will be releasing some VERY FABULOUS KITS this THURSDAY for HIP HOP
as well as 4 BRAND NEW Halloween Singles!
What KITS do you ask?!!?!!?!!?


Well....Jen Erickson - Unity DT Member Extraordinaire has been WAITING AND WAITING for her FANTABULOUS Set to be released....and the DAY HAS ARRIVED!


Lynn Warner - Scrapbooking Chick a la FUN, FUN, FUN has submitted some art for Unity that turned into BRAND NEW Halloween Singles and ...


ONE FUNKY FUN Kit to create with.Adrianna Marie Bennet - The "Boo Crew" {Twilight Fans Brace yourselves} There is a little Edward and Jacob that might just steal your heart!


SINGLES - A couple little phrases I came up with to do a challenge with in the weeks to come...more details to follow!


TELL YOUR FRIENDS, Join us for HIP HOP THURSDAY!
Looking forward to a FUN FUN day!
NOT TO MENTION....More kits finding the SINGLE LIFE!
Watch the WEBSITE!
Some of your FAVORITES are now up for grabs as singles!



3 comments:

Shalini said...

Hey! Christi, I had lost my way and Have finally found it... love the new look of your blog... loving your projects, sure have lots to catch up with...

Rita said...

I'm not sure why you were worried about your first card (for the swap) -- it is nothing short of PERFECT! Love each and every element! The dictionary paper butterflies are such a great touch!

And the other card is lovely as well -- I just love the colors!

I'll have to peek in on hip hop today. It's always so fun to see what projects you all have been working on!

Jessy said...

Christi- i loved getting your card in the swap! Its just soooo gorgeous in person. I also love the 2nd card you have posted here, what rich colors you used. just gorgeous!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails